A belated Upside | Syracusefan.com

A belated Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
I listened to this game on the radio while watching football games, expecting to watch it on Orange All-Access today, as I had done with previous games vs. lesser opponents. They haven’t posted it yet so I’m reviewing the game based on what I heard and the box score.

- Second half defense: We held High Point to 7 for 20 from the field, 2 for 8 from the arc with 15 turnovers, 11 of which were Syracuse steals that led to 20 Syracuse points.

- Tyler Ennis had another big game with 10 points, 9 rebounds and 5 steals. And a highlight film dunk that seemed an answer to those who didn’t think he was athletic enough. He reminds me of Sherman Douglas when he was a sophomore: it was apparent he was good but of course he wasn’t as good as the pearl. Until he just kept getting better and better and the comparisons faded away. He didn’t have to be as good as anyone else. He was Sherman Douglas. Tyler Ennis is Tyler Ennis.

- Baye Keita had a huge comeback game. When SU made its second half run, the names most mentioned were Ennis and Keita. And this time Baye also showed up in the box score with 7 points, 4 rebounds, a block and 2 steals in 19 minutes. It’s good to have him back.

- Trevor Cooney had a strong comeback game, shooting 6 for 7 from the field, 5 of them treys, despite being closely guarded. He led the team with 17 points.

- Michael Gbinije also played well with 5 points, 3 rebounds and 2 steals. He also hit a three pointer to get everybody tacos.

- CJ Fair had the dunk of the night, leaping over a falling defender to do it. He also had 15 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and a block.

- Rakeem Christmas had a good game with 6 points, 3 rebounds and 2 blocks. If he and Keita can get it done, who needs Coleman?

11-0 with 22+ to go

Let’s Go Orange!

Not sure how long they keep it up but ESPN3 has a lot of games- I'd guess just about all of SU's remaining games-so if Orange Access doesn't have it, check there.

I like your comments on Ennis. Everybody is comparing him to other point guards. I think you are right that it will stop soon. Tyler Ennis is Tyler Ennis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom