A bit OT: Cute story involving Ian Eagle and other SU alums... | Syracusefan.com

A bit OT: Cute story involving Ian Eagle and other SU alums...

cto

Administrator
Last edited:
http://online.wsj.com/articles/jaso...09138?tesla=y&mod=djemMTIPOFF_h&mg=reno64-wsj

Hey, it is really quiet here right now. And there are a lot of Syracuse references in the article: Marty Glickman, Marv Albert, Bob Costas, Mike Tirieco, Ian and the kid who's going to Newhouse. It reinforces Syracuse's stature as the training ground for prominent sportscasters.
Ooh, can't let you get away with the misspelling of Tirico!

Fewer owls, more editors. That'll be the new maxim here once I install my cabinet of spelling and syntax sycophants.

Proud to call Bruce Beck a colleague at WNBC (home of many other SU alums like myself, both on- and off-camera)

Bruce seriously is, to borrow the cliche, the hardest working man in show biz. Is at every morning media event, emcees charity events almost every night, and is there for the 11pm (or midnight on Sundays) news.

These future Newhouse (and other colleges) students are in very very good hands!!!

http://online.wsj.com/articles/jaso...09138?tesla=y&mod=djemMTIPOFF_h&mg=reno64-wsj

Hey, it is really quiet here right now. And there are a lot of Syracuse references in the article: Marty Glickman, Marv Albert, Bob Costas, Mike Tirieco, Ian and the kid who's going to Newhouse. It reinforces Syracuse's stature as the training ground for prominent sportscasters.
Curious article.
It's as if Jason Gay intentionally IGNORED the Syracuse connection shared by the 5 professionals.
The only reference to the university is the incoming freshman.

Proud to call Bruce Beck a colleague at WNBC (home of many other SU alums like myself, both on- and off-camera)

Bruce seriously is, to borrow the cliche, the hardest working man in show biz. Is at every morning media event, emcees charity events almost every night, and is there for the 11pm (or midnight on Sundays) news.

These future Newhouse (and other colleges) students are in very very good hands!!!

I don't think Bruce went to SU.

Ian is the most prepared and probably the most underrated play by play man in the business. He is recently getting his due winning an emmy, Waer hall of fame induction and CBS moved him and Fouts to the number 2 team on CBS-- and he did go to SYRACUSE

Ian does football , basketball , golf , tennis , and is always prepared beyond belief. Fyi his son is in 11th grade and a clone with a similar future-- mark it down.

I once bumped into Marty Glickman on a Manhattan streetcorner. We talked for a few minutes. A great guy and a great SU alum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom