A bit OT: Tournament Questions | Syracusefan.com

A bit OT: Tournament Questions

Tank19

Walk On
So I'm having a dilemma as to what I should do for the first Thursday and Friday of the NCAA tournament and work. Looking at the pods, I would say it is about 95% that we play in Pittsburgh. Those games are on Thursday.

Waiting until the game times come out would be to late to put in for time off. So my question is, does anyone have an idea as to when we would be playing on Thursday? Or is my best bet to just say screw it and take both Thursday and Friday? I think I'm leaning towards the latter, but any tips from those in this situation before would be helpful.

I am likely going to take that Thursday off. I don't think there's any way to know when SU's first game will be played, just that it will likely be played on Thursday. There have been one-seeds that play early in the day and some that have played late. :noidea:

Yea as far as times its a crapshoot, although in recent years im pretty sure we've played most of our 1st round games at night. 2 years ago when we were a 1 we had a late game, last year was a late game. 2005 and 2006 were night games. 2009 was a day game.

I always take the friday off of the 1st round, and its amazing how often we get the friday/sunday schedule in the 1st round. But this year it looks like thats gonna change.

Yeah I don't think there is any way to guess. I always take Friday off.

I always take Thursday and Friday off. Two of the best days of the year. Need to get to Vegas one year though and knock it off my bucket list.

Im actually changing it up this year. Im planning on going to boston for the regionals, so ill be taking that thursday/friday off instead of the 1st round. Ive been taking the friday off of the 1st round for literally 20 years, started doing that when i was 10 or 11. I hope syracuse doesnt screw up my plans with an early ouster!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom