A blogger's take on CFB expenditures | Syracusefan.com

A blogger's take on CFB expenditures

HtownOrange

Living Legend
I read this blogger's take on the $$ wars between CFB teams and conference alignment. Interesting to see how much (or little) some of the football kings spend on football. Of special interest is that Pitt and Syracuse spend about what FSU does. Wake Forest and NCState spend on 2/3 of what FSU spends and they beat FSU!

http://atlanticcoastconfidential.com/2013/02/26/football-competition-and-revenue-part-i/

This is from Atlantic Coast Confidential. This is not professional writing so you Newhouse guys will have to cut these guys a little slack.

The blogger apparently doesn't realize that the private schools spend a lot because of the much higher cost of scholarships.

The blogger apparently doesn't realize that the private schools spend a lot because of the much higher cost of scholarships.

I agree, this is a major factor. However, when one considers the big state schools are spending roughly the same money, the difference is not what is spent, but what is done in practice and on the field. FSU spends 50% more than NCState but can't seem to beat them when necessary. Florida and FSU spend nearly the same but FSU needs to step up and win, not complain about the money difference.