A collective sigh from Syracuse Nation! | Syracusefan.com

A collective sigh from Syracuse Nation!

Flacusian

All Conference
There were an awful lot of people holding their breath across the nation for the final minute of that game. Congrats to the boys for holding on and playing outstanding defense and for Southerland who continues to shoot like Wyatt Earp!!!!

Great 1st half. Suck 2nd half. Must have been out boarded by 20 in the 2nd half. The margin of victory was CJ's lucky bounce 3 at the half buzzer. Survive and advance. LGO!

Yes, certainly frustrating to watch them be outplayed the entire 2nd half. I can't remember the last time a Syracuse team carved out a big lead and then went on to keep it's foot to the floor against any decent opponent. I know they were smothering Southerland for the 2nd half but there was poor execution on offense and some boneheaded turnovers.

I'm just trying to stay positive in spite of the lackadaisical play in the 2nd half. After all the team had pretty much been left for dead by most people only 2 games ago. A win is a win is a win baby!!!

Yes, certainly frustrating to watch them be outplayed the entire 2nd half. I can't remember the last time a Syracuse team carved out a big lead and then went on to keep it's foot to the floor against any decent opponent. I know they were smothering Southerland for the 2nd half but there was poor execution on offense and some boneheaded turnovers.

I'm just trying to stay positive in spite of the lackadaisical play in the 2nd half. After all the team had pretty much been left for dead by most people only 2 games ago. A win is a win is a win baby!!!

I don't think we took our foot off the gas per say. Rather Pitt upped their game and we did not adjust to it enough. Coupled with every call and no call going their way and we were fighting up hill the whole second half. I think we showed some mental toughness that we had been lacking for the past month.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2