a couple insane stats about winston and manziel | Syracusefan.com

a couple insane stats about winston and manziel

Millhouse

Living Legend
jameis winston 4 of 8 ACC games passer rating over 200

this is completely amazing

johnny manziel is 910 yards behind McNabb's career yardage with 3 games to go. mcnabb was amazing and manzeil has more yards in half the time

can't they just take next year's heisman and give it to one of these guys this year. it's a shame one of them won't get it.

To be fair, McNabb played in a much more defense oriented time and league. If you put college McNabb in Manziel's setting who know's what he'd have done.

Jameis is just a freak of nature regardless of what era he played.

Watching Jameis Winston reminds me so much of watching McNabb. The way he'll have someone hanging on him just to get away and make a play with his feet or arm is like watching old highlights. I think McNabb was a little faster. I think Winston is a more polished passer at the same stage. I feel like I'm watching what McNabb would have done, had he had Winston's supporting cast, when I watch FSU.

If Manziel shows out against LSU and Mizzou, he should win the Heisman. His numbers are even better than last year and A&M lost to Bama and Auburn because of their defense, or lack thereof, not because of a lack of production from the most exciting player in college football.

If Manziel shows out against LSU and Mizzou, he should win the Heisman. His numbers are even better than last year and A&M lost to Bama and Auburn because of their defense, or lack thereof, not because of a lack of production from the most exciting player in college football.
True, but if you're just going by production, you can point to Winston getting his in less than 4 quarters most games (only 2 against us). Should Winston be penalized for having a defense that is too good?

put the Heisman on the sideline. put a fake 1 next to it, you know...like a Snoopy trophy in the Heisman pose.

put Jameis at midfield.

if he picks out the right 1, he keeps it.

if not, manziel gets his 2nd.

IMO: its manziel again.

To be fair, McNabb played in a much more defense oriented time and league. If you put college McNabb in Manziel's setting who know's what he'd have done.

Jameis is just a freak of nature regardless of what era he played.
oh i know. i compared to mcnabb because we all know how great he was. i wonder all the time what would happen if our 1995-99 offensive players could travel in time.

True, but if you're just going by production, you can point to Winston getting his in less than 4 quarters most games (only 2 against us). Should Winston be penalized for having a defense that is too good?

I guess you could look at Winston vs. Manziel in a production-per-snap-taken perspective. This argument could also highlight the importance of Manziel to his team though. Without him, A&M is a .500 team at best this season.

I guess you could look at Winston vs. Manziel in a production-per-snap-taken perspective. This argument could also highlight the importance of Manziel to his team though. Without him, A&M is a .500 team at best this season.
That's true. The Heisman has too often been to much about who the best player was on the best team and not who may have been the best player in the country, regardless of numbers or team record. A strong argument could've been made that McNabb was much more important to us that Ricky Williams was to Texas. Heck, Freeney should have been considered in 2001. Without him we go from 10-2 to not making a bowl. When you look at how important a guy is to his team, Manziel would certainly have a strong case.

That's true. The Heisman has too often been to much about who the best player was on the best team and not who may have been the best player in the country, regardless of numbers or team record. A strong argument could've been made that McNabb was much more important to us that Ricky Williams was to Texas. Heck, Freeney should have been considered in 2001. Without him we go from 10-2 to not making a bowl. When you look at how important a guy is to his team, Manziel would certainly have a strong case.

How about Tim Brown over McPherson?! Travesty!!!