A Couple Things To Look For | Syracusefan.com

A Couple Things To Look For

iommi

Living Legend
Will the team be extra fired up because their teammate is back?

James' shooting should not be hurt by the layoff since he's been practicing but will he be so fired up early that he's too strong on his jumper?

What is the starting lineup and rotation? I expect and hope JG is still a starter with JS playing the "microwave" role off the bench.

i would like to see JB keep it the same. Grant start and then JS off the bench. Hopefully it's more a 20/20 split, or whoever is playing better, and JB doesn't automatically go back to playing the SR the majority of the mins. I highly doubt that happens since Grant has more then proved himself, and JB seems to love him. He can also rotate JS/JG/CJ if he wants as well cause CJ needs a break he can't play 40 mins/game the rest of the season. Either way we could look back at this as a blessing in disguise. Personally I see JS come out on fire today as we hammer SJU by 20+

JS's role was the sixth man, so I would assume he resumes that spot. However, with Grant and CJ starting, he may not get into the game as quickly as he did when DC was starting. He probably won't play as many minutes (barring foul trouble), either, especially in these first few games back.

I expect James to play a lot because just the threat of his shooting balances the court far better and will help everyones game and spacing. Grant has certainly earned PT but is more a CJ role than JS.

Best part is that with Grants emergence, we have more options and CJ wont have to go 40 every game.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Yeah, James' ability to help space the floor will be huge. A front court of JS, JG and Roc would very athletic on both ends too.

i would like to see JB keep it the same. Grant start and then JS off the bench. Hopefully it's more a 20/20 split, or whoever is playing better, and JB doesn't automatically go back to playing the SR the majority of the mins. I highly doubt that happens since Grant has more then proved himself, and JB seems to love him. He can also rotate JS/JG/CJ if he wants as well cause CJ needs a break he can't play 40 mins/game the rest of the season. Either way we could look back at this as a blessing in disguise. Personally I see JS come out on fire today as we hammer SJU by 20+
May see James at the 2 with JGs arrival

I think James comes off the bench still.
CJ get to sit 5min a game now.
James gets 5min a game at the 2.
Grant still plays 25min or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors