A Couple Things | Syracusefan.com

A Couple Things

Orangemen

All Conference
So when does 'The score does not indicate how close this game was' shift to 'Syracuse does a great job closing out games with great defense and consistent FT shooting'?

Wakes 3 pt shooting was interesting last night. In the first half, they took mostly bad 3 pt shots with a hand in their face, and basically missed them all. In the second half, I got the sense that the D shifted away from the 3 pt line a bit to cover Wakes pretty good interior passing. As a result, wake got more open 3's in the second half, but missed them all.

Funny line from Mckie I think in the post game. 'If we make 3 more threes the game has a different outcome'. Well, yeah, I guess...

This game was shaping up early like a perfect storm for a loss. Nothing falling, refs calling anything they can against us, a moderately hostile crowd, and a team that hadnt dropped a game yet on its home floor. But the team played through it, put together a run, and controlled the rest of the game. Not too bad.

If we were 6-15 in the MAAC and didn't have a football team, we would be Niagara.

So when does 'The score does not indicate how close this game was' shift to 'Syracuse does a great job closing out games with great defense and consistent FT shooting'?

Wakes 3 pt shooting was interesting last night. In the first half, they took mostly bad 3 pt shots with a hand in their face, and basically missed them all. In the second half, I got the sense that the D shifted away from the 3 pt line a bit to cover Wakes pretty good interior passing. As a result, wake got more open 3's in the second half, but missed them all.

Funny line from Mckie I think in the post game. 'If we make 3 more threes the game has a different outcome'. Well, yeah, I guess...

This game was shaping up early like a perfect storm for a loss. Nothing falling, refs calling anything they can against us, a moderately hostile crowd, and a team that hadnt dropped a game yet on its home floor. But the team played through it, put together a run, and controlled the rest of the game. Not too bad.

if keith smart misses that shot, if we hit 4 more 3's against kentucky, if ao doesnt get hurt, if fab doesnt get suspended, and if triche doesnt get called for a bs charge we'd have 6 national championships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom