A different perspective on jingling keys | Syracusefan.com

A different perspective on jingling keys

This may sound dumb as a long-time season ticket holder, but I never notice anyone doing it in my section...didn't even realize anyone at the dome was doing it. Seems stupid to me...but then again I think standing and clapping until SU scores in hoops...then dead silence when they do score their first basket...is kinda dumb too.

It doesn't really bother me. I did it when I was a student, but I also screamed at the top of my lungs (as did everybody else around me). Fun fact: S.U. students can both walk & chew gum at the same time AND jingle keys & yell at the same time. The fact that some townie that spent the entire game sitting on his hands would later tell us how embarrassed & stupid he thought it was always amused me. I'm sure he got on the internet that night to post a scathing anti-kiss cam diatribe too. ;)

hence my tagline at the end of my signature that ive had since the beginning of syracusefan.com ... jingling keys is the most ridiculous thing people do in the Dome. I believe its mostly the students because they are too hungover to get loud. Ive never met a season ticket holder that jingled keys and I hope i never do. Cheer and get loud please.

I first heard the jingling keys in South Bend when I was in college and went to the Notre Dame- Miami game in '87. The students there would jingle their keys when it was a "key play" or "key down" which was usually 3rd down. So, it's been around for awhile. It doesn't do much for me one way or the other. I'd rather jingle my keys than to do the damn wave.