A familiar voice on Tyler Ennis | Syracusefan.com

A familiar voice on Tyler Ennis

RIP, Pat:

This must have been one of his last jobs.
Really opens eyes, this clip. I loved his game to begin with, but he must be tough too. It can't be easy being that far from home Monday through Fridays having to stay on campus in dorms, and that's even if he gets home on the weekends. I know personally, that would have been a huge challenge for me in my high school years as I would have certainly been homesick often. But hopefully, it prepares him a little more for the life of a college student, academics, living in dorms, etc.

Well, at least the trip home from CNY will be easier than from Newark and that he has a feel for dorm life already.

(btw, around 3:35, left handed bullet pass, he's got that one down)
Psyched for Tyler!

I didn't realize that he wasn't with his family in NJ. That makes him all the more impressive. He seems like a well-adjusted kid and has been through the rigors that college freshman sometimes struggle with (away from home, dorm life, somewhat structured academic setting), so he is probably going to be more ready than your average frosh. Doesn't sound like too much is going to faze him, either.

I didn't realize that he wasn't with his family in NJ. That makes him all the more impressive. He seems like a well-adjusted kid and has been through the rigors that college freshman sometimes struggle with (away from home, dorm life, somewhat structured academic setting), so he is probably going to be more ready than your average frosh. Doesn't sound like too much is going to faze him, either.

There is a downside to this for me though. It does make me realize that he was sacraficing for his dream. And that dream, like many, goes beyond SU. He has been paying his dues to hit the league. I now think he will be good when he gets here but we don't get 4 years out of him. I was wondering what we were telling Kaleb, now it's starting to make sense.

tyler to me could be one of the best pgs as a freshman we have ever had- and that is among some elite company. I hope we can get two years out of him honestly.. 3 may be a stretch. That said- talent takes you a long ways - past two years two lotto picks at g leading us on- very telling.

This is a wonderful piece! I don't know how some of these kids do it. When I left home to go to the UW, my parents had to pry my fingers from the door sill and then fold my panic-stiffened corpse into our Ford Galaxy. But I had no dreams and no talent and no goals. No wonder I was petrified!

It all turned out okay in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom