A Fan's Fever Dream: Because Next Season is Such a Long Time Coming | Syracusefan.com

A Fan's Fever Dream: Because Next Season is Such a Long Time Coming

CA Monk

I'm Woke, But I'm Very Groggy.
We all know what has transpired this year. Almost comically disappointing. However, if my fever dream becomes reality:
1. We are energized by the coaching shake up (such as it is) and the Bye week
2. We put it together and beat Duke (after their ND pounding) down there
3. We roll into Papa John's Stadium (now Cardinal Stadium) and roll the Cardinals (A bird gritting its teeth - really?)
4. In an epic game we beat a tough WF team at home on the 30th and...

Then we go bowling, experience an uptick in recruiting, get 15 extra bowl practices, witness a reinvigorated team emerge from the doldrums to recapture some of their lofty preseason luster and stoke-up a full head of steam heading into next season (antiquated analogy, but you get the drift).

And having awoken from this dream, I'm only too happy to go back to sleep and experience this alternate universe once again. Or maybe we see it actually play out on the gridiron of dreams, because next season is such a long time coming.

We all know what has transpired this year. Almost comically disappointing. However, if my fever dream becomes reality:
3. We roll into Papa John's Stadium (now Cardinal Stadium) and roll the Cardinals (A bird gritting its teeth - really?)

Then we go bowling, experience an uptick in recruiting, get 15 extra bowl practices, witness a reinvigorated team emerge from the doldrums to recapture some of their lofty preseason luster and stoke-up a full head of steam heading into next season (antiquated analogy, but you get the drift).

And having awoken from this dream, I'm only too happy to go back to sleep and experience this alternate universe once again. Or maybe we see it actually play out on the gridiron of dreams, because next season is such a long time coming.
This will happen until it doesn’t, so keep in dreaming!!!

Is this a dream or a vision quest?