A few random thoughts | Syracusefan.com

A few random thoughts

Dick_in_MI

Emeritus Legend
Joe is getting bashed more in any given thread than Dino has been for the entire season. Seems like a strange ratio.

The real reason for our problems was that we got absolutely destroyed off the glass 42-26. They had four guys with 6 or more boards; we had Griff. Can't believe that isn't being discussed more.

Richmond is a breath of fresh air as a point guard. The steals aside, they blew by him almost as much as they did Joe so he still needs some work on D. Shooting too. Still, it is nice to see an aspect to our game that has been missing for far too long.

13 assists from our guards; when was the last time that happened. Of course, 2 for 13 from the field but the assist number is nice.

Ajak always shows me something that makes me smile. Gives me a glimpse of the player he may eventually become.

Right now we are a 6 man team and a work in progress. Even after Buddy and Bourama return it is going to take awhile for them to play their way back into form. Who knows if Bourama will even get there. But it is a young team right now (2 frosh, two sophs, and a transfer in the top 6) and hopefully things will start to really gel later in the season.

We were getting crushed on the boards and stil had a 4 point lead with 5 minutes left.
Girard’s awful shots killed our ability to set the zone defensively in the half court which had been working against Rutgers.

We lost this game mainly because of Girard’s play during the finishing stretch and the fact our forwards were tired.

We got out scored 17-3 the last 5 minutes.

I hope your right, but seemed to me, it was more than that. The defense was really concerning the last 4 minutes, on at least 7 possessions (only 2 of which were the press and became and ones.) Shots weren't even contested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom