A Few Random Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

A Few Random Thoughts

General20

Basketball Maven
I'll have my usual thoughts in a day or so when I can wrap my mind around this, but I've got some random thoughts I have to get out now.

1) That game meant everything to Pitt, it was their season. They now have zero quality wins on the season and cannot get one unless things break right for them in the ACC tournament.

2) Pitt got an awful lot of calls, played well, Syracuse was short handed, the game meant everything to Pitt and nothing special to Syracuse and Syracuse still won.

3) Now that Syracuse has won 4 out of the last 5 against Pitt can we please stop hearing about how Pitt has success against us? Surely you can't be 1-5 and still be considered successful.

4) It never meant anything in the long run, but people can now shut up about Syracuse not having a top 25 road win.

5) I'm having serious trouble moving on with my life right now. It was a huge mistake to watch this game at home instead of out at a bar.

I'll have my usual thoughts in a day or so when I can wrap my mind around this, but I've got some random thoughts I have to get out now.

1) That game meant everything to Pitt, it was their season. They now have zero quality wins on the season and cannot get one unless things break right for them in the ACC tournament.

2) Pitt got an awful lot of calls, played well, Syracuse was short handed, the game meant everything to Pitt and nothing special to Syracuse and Syracuse still won.

3) Now that Syracuse has won 4 out of the last 5 against Pitt can we please stop hearing about how Pitt has success against us? Surely you can't be 1-5 and still be considered successful.

4) It never meant anything in the long run, but people can now shut up about Syracuse not having a top 25 road win.

5) I'm having serious trouble moving on with my life right now. It was a huge mistake to watch this game at home instead of out at a bar.

A few more

1) Did I ever tell you that I hate Pitt..
2)Did I ever tell you that I hate Dixon.
3)did I ever tell you that I hate Stephens.
4) Did I ever tell you that I hate the Pete.
5) Did I ever tell you that I love Tyler Ennis. I've even started drinking Labatt's beer. Oh Canada. LGO.

6) Why we don't use the post more is still blowing my mind. First, Rak is fairly decent finishing down there. Not outstanding, but capable. Second, he seems fairly adept at kicking it out for threes - just forcing the defense to react helps. Sometimes we just seem so stagnant on offense, and that seems like one way to throw the defense off balance.

Really wish we went down low more.

6) Why we don't use the post more is still blowing my mind. First, Rak is fairly decent finishing down there. Not outstanding, but capable. Second, he seems fairly adept at kicking it out for threes - just forcing the defense to react helps. Sometimes we just seem so stagnant on offense, and that seems like one way to throw the defense off balance.

The art of the post entry pass has been lost. Even in the NBA most of the big guys get their shots off of pick and rolls and not with their back to the basket. I've noticed that our recent stretch of points while great in many ways really do not know how to make or look for post entry passes.

Any game against Pitt means a lot to SU. Each of our big games on the road (Duke, UVa) means a lot. Want to win the conference outright and now we are a big step closer.

most of the stagnation is from CJ and Grant forcing offense.

Maybe this is a rivary. I'm not sure yet.
Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom