A Few Thoughts from Yesterday...... | Syracusefan.com

A Few Thoughts from Yesterday......

newmexicuse

All Conference
Great win - shows what we are capable of - we just need to be able to step it up more consistantly.

1. CJ - I have always been a huge fan of his - the more you watch him, the more you appreciate him. I think there is little question that he is the smartest non-PG in Cuse history. He just knows the game. He always plays within himself. His athleticism seems to be steadily improving since his knee injury. He is much more athletic now than I thought he would be two years ago. You can tell he is a hard worker simply based upon the improvement in his shot, and he is tough as nails under the glass for his size. Kudos, kudos, kudos...

2. James - He is the explosion factor that we need - when he is firing on all cylinders it just opens up everything for us. His jam was an incredible play. I think we will be a very tough out in any game when James is on.

3. MCW - He has really progresses mentally and is rapidly learning when and how to score to go along with his gifted passing. He is also learning to "covet thy ball."

4. Trevor - just the tiniest bit of a crack that he may yet be a factor this year, but still a loooong ways to go. He is definitely rushing his threes and shoots many of them off-balance. He must learn not to even think about a trey unless his feet are firmly planted into a solid shooting stance. I think he rushes his threes a lot because he has a low release point & therefore need plenty of room to get em off. Unless, he can raise his release point and still be effective he will never be more than a role player. That's why we always hear that he never misses in practivce and yet he never makes em in the game.

5. The Donut Hole in the middle - X showed a little bit, but still far to go - BMK continues to play like BMK.

6. Brandon - He is improving his consistancy & playing like the senior he is.

7. Jerami - Well at long last we got to see the cameo of Jerami playing at the five spot. The cameo was too brief to draw any conclusions. It seems that since James has returned that Jerami has has not looked as much for his O. I think he should defer a bit less. He had nice work off the glass. He will be a powerhouse next season.

8. Jimmy - he had em ready - what else to say ???

The thing about Trevor is that he tends to fade or float on his jumpers, rather than going straight up and down. JB needs to bring Andy Rautins back on campus to work with him on catching, getting square, and going straight up and down. Andy was about the best at that I can remember at SU. Trevor also seems like he tries to get way too much elevation every time he shoots a three.

I think we attempted about 4 jumpshots in the second half.
When your up by 27 at halftime 43 to 16 though we only needed about 25 more to win. :)

The thing about Trevor is that he tends to fade or float on his jumpers, rather than going straight up and down. JB needs to bring Andy Rautins back on campus to work with him on catching, getting square, and going straight up and down. Andy was about the best at that I can remember at SU. Trevor also seems like he tries to get way too much elevation every time he shoots a three.
You got Hop & Gerry on staff who were pretty good at shooting treys. I would like to think that we would not need Andy for this.

You got Hop & Gerry on staff who were pretty good at shooting treys. I would like to think that we would not need Andy for this.

except hopkins had the shooting form of a 10 year old

Great win - shows what we are capable of - we just need to be able to step it up more consistantly.

1. CJ - I have always been a huge fan of his - the more you watch him, the more you appreciate him. I think there is little question that he is the smartest non-PG in Cuse history. He just knows the game. He always plays within himself. His athleticism seems to be steadily improving since his knee injury. He is much more athletic now than I thought he would be two years ago. You can tell he is a hard worker simply based upon the improvement in his shot, and he is tough as nails under the glass for his size. Kudos, kudos, kudos...

2. James - He is the explosion factor that we need - when he is firing on all cylinders it just opens up everything for us. His jam was an incredible play. I think we will be a very tough out in any game when James is on.

3. MCW - He has really progresses mentally and is rapidly learning when and how to score to go along with his gifted passing. He is also learning to "covet thy ball."

4. Trevor - just the tiniest bit of a crack that he may yet be a factor this year, but still a loooong ways to go. He is definitely rushing his threes and shoots many of them off-balance. He must learn not to even think about a trey unless his feet are firmly planted into a solid shooting stance. I think he rushes his threes a lot because he has a low release point & therefore need plenty of room to get em off. Unless, he can raise his release point and still be effective he will never be more than a role player. That's why we always hear that he never misses in practivce and yet he never makes em in the game.

5. The Donut Hole in the middle - X showed a little bit, but still far to go - BMK continues to play like BMK.

6. Brandon - He is improving his consistancy & playing like the senior he is.

7. Jerami - Well at long last we got to see the cameo of Jerami playing at the five spot. The cameo was too brief to draw any conclusions. It seems that since James has returned that Jerami has has not looked as much for his O. I think he should defer a bit less. He had nice work off the glass. He will be a powerhouse next season.

8. Jimmy - he had em ready - what else to say ???
To #1 DC was hands down the most court savvy, save Sherm, to play at SU since the mid-80s. The guy knew the game, inside and out.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

"oh really?" ~ Demetrius Nichols

Jerami continues to impress me. One of the few big men on our roster that you can reliably pass to at the block/elbow and trust to attack the basket. I'm really pulling for Rak to pull it together and discover his beast-mode... but that play when he was fed at the block only to back away, turn around, and shoot a fadeaway that came up short makes me want to grab him by the ears and shake enough sense into him to play like a man!

"oh really?" ~ Demetrius Nichols
At catching and squaring, and going straight up and down? I'll take Andy Rautins over Demetris (no U) Nichols any day of the week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom