A H.S. recruits mind | Syracusefan.com

A H.S. recruits mind

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
So, we recently set up a visit for one of our Jr's. his first question to me?

1) academics- no
2) possible playing time - no
3) history - no

Answer: Coach, will I get laid on my visit?

Ah, what television and the glorification of athlete's lives have done for the youth of America.

PS - I apologize in advance for the individuals this may offend, just found it amusing.

1) academics- no
3) history - no

Ah, what television and the glorification of athlete's lives have done for the youth of America.

PS - I apologize in advance for the individuals this may offend, just found it amusing.

LOL. Reminds me of the story of one of my nephews who went on a recruiting trip to an Ivy. His host at the party that evening offered this 17 year old a drink and then a condom and told him to go have a good time. At least they were providing safe sex.

I never asked, but when I picked up my son at 9:00 AM from his overnight at Scranton University for D III swimming, he had not been home all night. Can't imagine what happens where sports matter.
*The University of Scranton ;)

Sorry, had to. Proud alum.

soooooo...what did the coach say.

that would at least let us know if we have a chance

I never asked, but when I picked up my son at 9:00 AM from his overnight at Scranton University for D III swimming, he had not been home all night. Can't imagine what happens where sports matter.
ain't no party like a Scranton party, cause a Scranton party don't stop

ain't no party like a Scranton party, cause a Scranton party don't stop

2013-12-13-10-27-44-746916278.jpeg

Was this his host?

That is an aspect of recruiting I wish I knew nothing about. Ugh.

And a junior? Hope he doesn't run afoul of age of consent laws in the destination!

That is an aspect of recruiting I wish I knew nothing about. Ugh.

And a junior? Hope he doesn't run afoul of age of consent laws in the destination!

I'm not sure any 17 year old male that would report hooking up with a college girl to the local PD.

Thus the tongue-in-cheek nature of the comment. Still don't like the whole situation.
The only thing I tell them is go and find out as much about your surroundings as you can and wether or not it fits your personality, goals, etc. I am adamant about not knowing details of my player's social lives bc of the repercussions entailed.

The only thing I tell them is go and find out as much about your surroundings as you can and wether or not it fits your personality, goals, etc. I am adamant about not knowing details of my player's social lives bc of the repercussions entailed.
Cue the apocryphal quote attributed to Bismarck about laws and sausage-making. :)

Cue the apocryphal quote attributed to Bismarck about laws and sausage-making. :)
Lol, I'm absolutely astonished at this eloquent albeit ambiguous reference. Although I'm admittedly perplexed by the sausage-making portion.

1) academics- no
3) history - no

I resemble that and take offense!couchburn

Lol, I'm absolutely astonished at this eloquent albeit ambiguous reference. Although I'm admittedly perplexed by the sausage-making portion.

Years ago I had a client who made sausage patties served at fast food restaurants. Having seen the entire process I understand the sausage making portion. You really don't want to know how the sausage is made... and I will never eat one of those patties.;)