A Helpful Rule about Rumors | Syracusefan.com

A Helpful Rule about Rumors

jekelish

Living Legend
To the dozens of people flocking here to post rumors of any sort, a couple of helpful things to keep in mind:

1. If it's posted on the official SU twitter, that doesn't mean it's legit. Chances are it's being posted by a student worker who doesn't know any better. See: every instance of the @Cuse feed posting about verbal commitments, which is a clear violation. Unless it links to an official, sanctioned, University release then it doesn't mean . Students are often idiots and don't think about what they are doing or posting.

2. Until it's being mentioned by people that more than three people have heard of, don't even take it with a grain of salt. It's disrespectful to the salt to do that. 99.9% chance it has zero traction, and should be dismissed and laughed at. Also, make sure you look at the other posts the person making the claim has on his or her blog. For example, if someone posting a rumor about Syracuse has other headlines such as "LeBron James linked to steroids" then you should probably go ahead and treat the source like you would the Enquirer.

Breaking news - just saw on SU athletics that Jimmy B has been asked to step down from head basketball coach (men's) at Syracuse... so that he can be named the new AD.

Here's the link.

To the dozens of people flocking here to post rumors of any sort, a couple of helpful things to keep in mind:

1. If it's posted on the official SU twitter, that doesn't mean it's legit. Chances are it's being posted by a student worker who doesn't know any better. See: every instance of the @Cuse feed posting about verbal commitments, which is a clear violation. Unless it links to an official, sanctioned, University release then it doesn't mean . Students are often idiots and don't think about what they are doing or posting.

2. Until it's being mentioned by people that more than three people have heard of, don't even take it with a grain of salt. It's disrespectful to the salt to do that. 99.9% chance it has zero traction, and should be dismissed and laughed at. Also, make sure you look at the other posts the person making the claim has on his or her blog. For example, if someone posting a rumor about Syracuse has other headlines such as "LeBron James linked to steroids" then you should probably go ahead and treat the source like you would the Enquirer.

I saw this come across the Twitter wires earlier. Sounds fishy to me.

"Just saw Lebron James and Lance Armstrong chugging blood booster smoothies over at The Varsity! OMG! On their way to Chuck's now with Fab Melo in tow. #dumbassSUstudent"

I wish I lived in a world where everything I read was true :(

Fleetwood Mac's Rumours were way overrated

I heard a rumour, they say Boeheim's got a broken heart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors