A Kid From Coney Island on Netflix | Syracusefan.com

A Kid From Coney Island on Netflix

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
About Marbury

Fascinating documentary and just some commentary to stir up the dead and bring some discussion beyond TBT

His father and brother wanted him to go to Cuse badly, and were visibly upset when he chose GaTech on signing day, but obviously supportive of him.

His brother Don said Cremins flew Marbury down on his private jet and what happened on that flight sealed Stephons decision.

Stephen A Smith made an appearance and made an odd comment about Cremmins was lucky he even got Marbury for one year.

Im looking forward to watching it. I never liked him one for him not coming here and two his antics with the Knicks. I really admire what he's been doing lately.

Im looking forward to watching it. I never liked him one for him not coming here and two his antics with the Knicks. I really admire what he's been doing lately.
I always assumed his family took a payoff for the GaTech, but the way they play it off, it seems they really wanted Cuse.

Cremmins made an offer to him he couldn't refuse and then he couldn't wait to leave GaTech

Despite him seemingly unraveling in a lot of ways in NY, I respected him for starting the Starbury line and selling them for cheap. I even bought a pair, and I still say they looked pretty good, though I can’t vouch as much for the later models.

stephon-marbury-shoes.jpg.cf.jpg

About Marbury

Fascinating documentary and just some commentary to stir up the dead and bring some discussion beyond TBT

His father and brother wanted him to go to Cuse badly, and were visibly upset when he chose GaTech on signing day, but obviously supportive of him.

His brother Don said Cremins flew Marbury down on his private jet and what happened on that flight sealed Stephons decision.

Stephen A Smith made an appearance and made an odd comment about Cremmins was lucky he even got Marbury for one year.
Family definitely seemed like they wanted and were set on Steph going to Syracuse. Cremins and that private jet changed it all.

By the way.. that rookie class! To name a handful And 1 (pun intended) Iverson, Marbury, Ray Allen, Kobe, Nash, and John Wallace!

Despite him seemingly unraveling in a lot of ways in NY, I respected him for starting the Starbury line and selling them for cheap. I even bought a pair, and I still say they looked pretty good, though I can’t vouch as much for the later models.

Actually bought those same exact shoes [for the orange and blue].

They're not bad -- comfortable, and provide good support. Not my main shoes, but I've worn there on and off over the years to play.

Great concept on his part to make them affordable -- I think they were like $15 bucks, if I'm not mistaken.

They're not bad -- comfortable, and provide good support. Not my main shoes, but I've worn there on and off over the years to play.

Great concept on his part to make them affordable -- I think they were like $15 bucks, if I'm not mistaken.
They look pretty good for 15 bucks or whatever they cost not sure if try to play bball in them but not bad to just wear around casually.

The pre NBA stuff definitely is

Edit - also his dynamics with Larry Brown

Larry comes off pretty bad based off some other NBA players comments in documentary
Larry Brown is one of the biggest frauds in basketball history.

Always felt Starbury was overrated and not a winning player despite comparable stats to his peers. Became sullen and erratic in his later years in league so good to see his life turn around after going to China. They embraced him and he in kind immersed himself in their culture and people. Seemed well adjusted and happy at end. Knicks are dysfunctional with Billy Madison, org chews up players and coaches

Brown and P. Jackson became full of themselves. Riley had his detractors but he was real, a better coach than either of those two and he is a good GM

Always felt Starbury was overrated and not a winning player despite comparable stats to his peers. Became sullen and erratic in his later years in league so good to see his life turn around after going to China. They embraced him and he in kind immersed himself in their culture and people. Seemed well adjusted and happy at end. Knicks are dysfunctional with Billy Madison, org chews up players and coaches

Brown and P. Jackson became full of themselves. Riley had his detractors but he was real, a better coach than either of those two and he is a good GM
He became the poster boy for the Knicks futility him and Isiah. The situation with the Nets didn't help either. He leaves and Kidd takes them to the finals.

They were sold at Steve and Barry's. That store had a bunch of neat stuff in it but everything smelled like it just came off an oil tanker from China. I used to get a headache going in there.

I bought a pair of Starbury's back in the day. Honestly, one of the best basketball sneakers I've ever had. Very comfortable and durable. They lasted a good 6 or 7 years. Never so much as turned my ankle once. Switched to pair of Jordan's after that and severely sprained my ankle not long after.