A little birdie | Syracusefan.com

A little birdie

told me that Syracuse will be ACC bound in 2013 at the cost of $8 million without suing.

$8M more than than 5 we've already paid (i.e. half of the $10M exit fee)? Or $8 more than the $5M we still owe upon exit (for a total of $13M more)?

Either way, glad this is decided, and without the need for a lawsuit. Great stuff OE.

I was off by $500,000. Hope this is true.

$8M more than than 5 we've already paid (i.e. half of the $10M exit fee)? Or $8 more than the $5M we still owe upon exit (for a total of $13M more)?

Either way, glad this is decided, and without the need for a lawsuit. Great stuff OE.
As I understood it 3 on top of the 5 we already paid.

that's a great deal. i figured 8 on top of the 5 making each year worth 7-8M (wvu paid an extra 15)

that's a great deal. i figured 8 on top of the 5 making each year worth 7-8M (wvu paid an extra 15)
Pitt is trying for a flat 5 but that won't happen

Pitt is trying for a flat 5 but that won't happen

I wonder if SU and Pitt decided to play good cop bad cop, with Pitt filing the lawsuit and then shooting for only $5M exit fee. Meanwhile SU "gives up" an additional $3M which I suspect was approximately both Pitt and SU's dollar target all along.

This is great news. I can't wait to play Maryland next year.

well certainly the best news on the board in a while...Orangeyes, thank you for making my day!

It's posts like these that demand a "Love" option. This is beyond 'Like'.

Could the Pitt suit have been designed to press the issue to conclusion? Also, I find it ironic that the deal was done so soon after Marinatto was ousted. Could he have been the one holding it up?

Just to be clear...this means we would be in the ACC this coming basketball season, right?

Just to be clear...this means we would be in the ACC this coming basketball season, right?

I assume 2013 means for the 2013-14 season, right? It's gotta be too late to move for this upcoming seaso, I would think.

I assume 2013 means for the 2013-14 season, right? It's gotta be too late to move for this upcoming seaso, I would think.

July 1, 2013 would be moving day.

If SU and Pitt stayed for 2013-14 that would be 22 total teams (14 football schools) splitting the media payout, whatever it is. Releasing SU and Pitt means the media payout is split among 20 total teams (12 football schools). If we stay the extra year, all the other teams get a lower media payout than if we leave in 2013. Seems the Big East should be happy to see us, and Pitt, leave July 2013 because it means a bigger per school payout for the remaining schools. If that is true, why should SU have to pay a premium to the $5 mil exit fee?

Keeping it classy pays off. That sounds like an excellent (and fair) deal.

no, it's too late for that. the year after

perhaps this will help...this July 4th we are in the BE until next July 4th...so in 14 months switch your conference talk to the ACC...if not done so already.

Did this little birdie have a cell phone on each ear?
GROSS.jpg

Negatory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom