A little insight into the McDonald Offense | Syracusefan.com

A little insight into the McDonald Offense

ejz555

2nd String
From Akeem Jones:

"Former Miami wide receivers coach George McDonald is the new offensive coordinator at Syracuse and has discussed with Jones the type of scheme he plans on using.

“He’s talking about implementing some of the stuff I ran last year like the pistol, 4-wide, 5-wide, a couple tight ends. It will really be a little of everything,” Jones said."

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/blog/homepage/countdown-signing-day-recruiting-blitz-iii

Good find and love the sound of that. Also interesting in that article that we are also going after another dlineman with Marquiese Blanchard mentioned

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It's amazing how much local highschool recruiting news there is to report down there.

It's amazing how much local highschool recruiting news there is to report down there.

The online newspapers have full blow recruiting sections. sun sentinel, miami herald, orlando sentinel, atlanta journal constitution

How about the first part of the article when the recruit says he got off the plane in Arkansas to be greeted by the fans ??

"just getting off the plane right away was exciting with fans waiting for us."

How do the fans know when the recruit's planes are getting in to town?

Hey DC - you didn't mention this part on Simeon Thomas:

* Carol City lanky defensive back Simeon Thomas just got back from Louisiana-Lafayette and says it’s close between the Rajun’ Cajuns and Hawaii.

If the o-line can give Loeb time to go through his progressions and he has the ability to do so, it could be very exciting for the fans to watch. I'm hoping we won't run as many plays as last year due to more big play potential and I'll take a 40+ td over having a lot of 3rd and manageables. The offense did a great job on 3rd downs last year and if we can manage close to that percentage we will be looking at a very nice year win wise.

Hey DC - you didn't mention this part on Simeon Thomas:

* Carol City lanky defensive back Simeon Thomas just got back from Louisiana-Lafayette and says it’s close between the Rajun’ Cajuns and Hawaii.
Oops missed that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Now I can better understand the emphasis with signing all these wideouts. Also going to need intelligent quarterbacks who can progress through reads. Maybe had something to do with the interest in Kimble also? 3.9 GPA

Ht:6'3"
Wt:190 lbs
40:4.61 secs
Shuttle:4.01
GPA:3.9
Class:2013 (High School)

If the o-line can give Loeb time to go through his progressions and he has the ability to do so, it could be very exciting for the fans to watch. I'm hoping we won't run as many plays as last year due to more big play potential and I'll take a 40+ td over having a lot of 3rd and manageables. The offense did a great job on 3rd downs last year and if we can manage close to that percentage we will be looking at a very nice year win wise.

You're kind of contradicting yourself here - having manageable 3rd down situations is why we converted so many of them. If you prefer to take more long shots down the field, the rate of 3rd down conversions is going to go down a bit. You don't hit as many deep balls as you do short slants and outs, wheel routes to the backs, and tight end passes over the middle for 5 yards.

5 wide? Yes, please.

We did a lot of running out of 4 wide this past year. I got all pumped for a pass and...run! We did a good job running this year, so I'm not complaining.

It's funny that we ran the pistol a few years ago and it failed pretty miserably (probably due to personnel), and suddenly now it's the NEW BIG THING. I guess we were just ahead of the curve on that one by a few too many years?

It's funny that we ran the pistol a few years ago and it failed pretty miserably (probably due to personnel), and suddenly now it's the NEW BIG THING. I guess we were just ahead of the curve on that one by a few too many years?
Yeah, maybe it was one good offensive line away from being good.

I would love a high energy 5 wide offense but I hope we at least take advantage of the backs we have like PTG and Smith this upcoming year. The dome is perfect for fast wide outs running a spread offense

Nobody is going to confuse Kapernick and Andrew Robinson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom