A little perspecitve | Syracusefan.com

A little perspecitve

cuseincincy

All Conference
I like Marrone and thought he was a great hire. I also thought it was time for Coach P to go. Marrone did a good job bringing the program back to relevance and I would have been happy if he had stayed. But Pasqualoni went 26-23 and went to 2 bowl games in his last 4 years. That was not good enough and he was fired. I'm happy for Marrone. In my mind he's another former Orangemen that is seeing success by being hired as an NFL head coach. That's a good thing. But I'm not going to miss him as SU's head coach unless we get another GRob. I see this as an opportunity to advance the program. It all depends on the next coach whoever that may be. And as far as the next coach is concerned, I'm just glad that nobody that participates on this board is going to be consulted. There are a lot of good coaches out there, many that we have never even heard of. The last 2 coaches that left SU on their own did so to accept an NFL head coaching job.

I like Marrone and thought he was a great hire. I also thought it was time for Coach P to go. Marrone did a good job bringing the program back to relevance and I would have been happy if he had stayed. But Pasqualoni went 26-23 and went to 2 bowl games in his last 4 years. That was not good enough and he was fired. I'm happy for Marrone. In my mind he's another former Orangemen that is seeing success by being hired as an NFL head coach. That's a good thing. But I'm not going to miss him as SU's head coach unless we get another GRob. I see this as an opportunity to advance the program. It all depends on the next coach whoever that may be. And as far as the next coach is concerned, I'm just glad that nobody that participates on this board is going to be consulted. There are a lot of good coaches out there, many that we have never even heard of. The last 2 coaches that left SU on their own did so to accept an NFL head coaching job.
These were really the first four years of Marrone's stint. Starting from ground zero.

I honestly cant believe you just compared Coach P's last 4 years before being fired to Dougs 4 year stint. Comparing the last 4 years of a 14 year stint to the first four years of Marrone following a 4 year period of 10-37 is assanine. Coach P took over a top 25 program, Marrone took over a bottom 10 program!

I can agree with this part. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom