A look at the 2019-20 roster scenarios | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A look at the 2019-20 roster scenarios

my take;
I agree except a few quibbles -
I know that Bras is a fav, but he is awkward and would get embarrassed out there. I doubt that he would handle pressure and better than MM did.
From what I've seen of Washington I would take him over Carey at this time. Washington avoided trouble with the ball and he hit some shots. He passed when pressured. When a team plays slow ball, which is our mode of operation, turnovers are a killer and Carey is a turnover machine.
As to Sidibe, he has shown glimpses of good footwork and that is why he could be good.

Braswell is awkward? Looked pretty smooth and athletic in the garbage minutes he got. Moyer definitely looked awkward when he was here. I don't see many similarities between the two.

'Slow ball' is not Syracuse's typical style of play. Boeheim prefers the team run when they have the players to do so. He wanted last season's team to run more. So Carey's style will probably be a better fit; and taking care of the ball, while still very important, won't matter quite as much.

Washington looks like a smaller, less athletic Frank, to me. He can shoot, we think, but so can 4-5 others on the roster (3-4 of which are guards).

Braswell is awkward? Looked pretty smooth and athletic in the garbage minutes he got. Moyer definitely looked awkward when he was here. I don't see many similarities between the two.

'Slow ball' is not Syracuse's typical style of play. Boeheim prefers the team run when they have the players to do so. He wanted last season's team to run more. So Carey's style will probably be a better fit; and taking care of the ball, while still very important, won't matter quite as much.

Washington looks like a smaller, less athletic Frank, to me. He can shoot, we think, but so can 4-5 others on the roster (3-4 of which are guards).

Smaller and less athletic, but from the limited times I’ve seen I’m hoping much smarter and more reliable with the ball with a real PG handle and “knack”.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom