A MOM’S NBA DRAFT DIARY: MICHAEL-CARTER WILLIAMS’ HARD WORK PAYS OFF AT NBA COMBINE | Syracusefan.com

A MOM’S NBA DRAFT DIARY: MICHAEL-CARTER WILLIAMS’ HARD WORK PAYS OFF AT NBA COMBINE

That's great. I can't wait to start reading about his team workouts that started with phoenix.

I don't have time to read all of it, but I liked how she wrote about his diligence regarding his school work and the difficulties being a student athlete. It sounds like it was very important to him not to "screw" us, and he also had the pride of wanting to finish up his credits and do well.

The politics and strategy of trying to become an NBA star is mind boggling.

Thank you for this!

I don't have time to read all of it, but I liked how she wrote about his diligence regarding his school work and the difficulties being a student athlete. It sounds like it was very important to him not to "screw" us, and he also had the pride of wanting to finish up his credits and do well.

The politics and strategy of trying to become an NBA star is mind boggling.

Thank you for this!

I took it as it being important to finish what he started, do his best, and take advantage of his educational opportunities, so he can finish his degree. SU doing well was secondary, and rightfully so. They seem like a do the right thing type of family.

Very interesting perspective and a rarity on any number of levels (two parents available and both coaches!). They've got Michael's back, and should serve to bring the best out of him. Thanks, Mandy, and I hope your family has recovered as best you can from the fire. Best wishes to you all.-VBOF

P.S.: I want that massage!

Wow. I just found this and was going to post the link. Glad others beat me to it, as it is an incredible thing to read. First of all, I had posted before that MCW had all As and Bs this semester. Now I see why. His family support is unbelievable. Both his Mom and step dad are so involved in the right way. Besides the part about how he stayed at SU to finish school while most draft prospects leave to train, I loved the part where they discuss that his draft number and starting salary are not as important as the opportunity to have a 2nd contract. So true. They totally have their heads on their shoulders in this family. All while dealing with that tragic fire.

Michael's mom gets it, even if some of our esteemed board members do not. It's all about positioning yourself for that second contract. That's when the life-changing amount of money gets paid out.

I will also note that his mom writes really well, was so honest and straightforward and has great insight into the "process". You can see that Michael had a great upbringing. Terrific kid who will represent SU well in the NBA.

Michael's mom gets it, even if some of our esteemed board members do not. It's all about positioning yourself for that second contract. That's when the life-changing amount of money gets paid out.

I will also note that his mom writes really well, was so honest and straightforward and has great insight into the "process". You can see that Michael had a great upbringing. Terrific kid who will represent SU well in the NBA.
She's an excellent publicist. Someone should hook her up with A-Rod.

So I found out that MCW worked out today with the Suns. I had an evening flight out of Phoenix. Looked for him at the airport, but did not find him. Darn. Would have been fun.