a noon start favors us | Syracusefan.com

a noon start favors us

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
this game means a helluva lot more to us than miami. sometimes teams come out lazy for noon starts (seen it happen to us many times), i could see that being miami on wednesday. and theres gonna be what like 10 miami fans in the building? with us being on the bubble we should come out flying even if it was a 6am start. i think if we can have a quick start and build a lead miami will pack it in.

no excuse to lose the game.

I hope you're right. I just know it doesn't favor me. This is one of the few times I won't be able to take time off to watch the game. I have an all day meeting Wednesday that is truly unavoidable. Stupid work!

this game means a helluva lot more to us than miami. sometimes teams come out lazy for noon starts (seen it happen to us many times), i could see that being miami on wednesday. and theres gonna be what like 10 miami fans in the building? with us being on the bubble we should come out flying even if it was a 6am start. i think if we can have a quick start and build a lead miami will pack it in.

no excuse to lose the game.

lol... no offense at all but we are just reaching at this point.

I will be watching from a bar eating breakfast in Seattle with I'm going to guess not another SU fan in the entire place. Last year I went to a place and some moron that knew nothing about basketball kept asking me stupid questions the whole last 10 minutes and I got into an argument with him. It's been a year but I think I have to find another seattle bar that opens at 9am on a Wednesday.

totally. Doesnt matter when we play. We had everything to play for last year and lost. I'm at the point now where whatever happens happens.

but do did pitt, miami is a lock

I hope it favors the team, but it sure as hell doesn't favor Orange fans' ability to pregame in Brooklyn. I feel like we're back to football season.

I never bought the "we have more to play for / the other team won't care" theory. These are world class athletes. Basketball players who have spent the majority of their lives working to get to this point, it's their identity. Being jet-lagged and tired from travel is one thing, remember Bacon from FSU yawning at the Dome.

Why do fans always underestimate the competitiveness of these players? All of these players were all county/all state/all american players. You don't get this talented and athletic by laying down when you're down 7 points in the first 5 minutes. They're also playing for an at large bid, a better seed, there's always NBA scouts watching, don't you think they'd play 100% at least for scouts even if they were 100% sure they'd lose?

but do did pitt, miami is a lock
doesnt matter. They still have a lot to play for. We just need to play better. Gametime, etc has nothing to do with the outcome. If we play sh itty we will lose

I hope it favors the team, but it sure as hell doesn't favor Orange fans' ability to pregame in Brooklyn. I feel like we're back to football season.

If this were in D.C., we'd be in Clyde's to pregame at like 9:00. I don't want your excuses!

As JB said the fan support does not/will not matter if they play poorly like the last showing at Barclays.

We played poorly because we were a bad team at that time though. We played poorly in every game against a team that wasn't a pushover early on, because we were a poor team. No chemistry whatsoever, the best lineups had yet to be figured out, some of the newer guys weren't playing well yet, some weaker players were getting a lot of minutes back then, etc.

We're a much better team now.

Well, get to watch it from my desk as soon as I get to work. Could be worse.

doesnt matter. They still have a lot to play for. We just need to play better. Gametime, etc has nothing to do with the outcome. If we play sh itty we will lose

ive seen plenty of awful noon games over the years. it took florida state 20 minutes to realize they were in a game against us this year.

i think a noon start could favor us vs north carolina if we can beat miami on Wednesday but for the Miami game it favors neither team more than the other since Miami doesnt want to enter the tournament on a 3 game slide while we need the game to feel safely in the tournament. I like our chances of winning though as Miami is just an average team, not great defensively or offensively

It is what it is but a noon start sucks for us - Miami basketball has no fans - let alone ones that travel - an 8 pm start would allow for all our fans to get there - it would be packed with all orange at 8 pm - noon will cut our crowd in half

The noon game atmosphere sucks. The place is 2/3 empty. You can hear the echo of the ball bouncing. We played in the nooner many times at MSG...and the atmosphere at Barclays won't be anything near as good as MSG. Hopefully the 33% in the seats will be Cuse fans. It's just not as easy to get to Brooklyn, especially if you work in Manhattan. Many times I took the afternoon off, or a few hours off, to pop over to MSG to catch our game. Brooklyn is a trek not a quick pop over.