A Pacers/Spurs Finals | Syracusefan.com

A Pacers/Spurs Finals

I really think this could be a compelling matchup if it is marketed right.

The way for the Spurs are playing right now they may just roll anyone they play

It's got to be his worst case right now. At least with OKC you could build it around Durant and Westbrook. Pacers/Spurs is just a bunch of no names and over the hill players (who are still great), both from small markets, and everyone just plays fundamentally sound basketball. Not exactly a ratings bonanza.

Spurs play a really exciting style, get up and down the court and they're awesome at passing and they make a ton of 3's. Just looked them up, 39.3% from 3 as a team. Damn. 5 guys who made at least 50 3's and shot over 40%.

These aren't the 2005 Spurs.

Spurs play a really exciting style, get up and down the court and they're awesome at passing and they make a ton of 3's. Just looked them up, 39.3% from 3 as a team. Damn. 5 guys who made at least 50 3's and shot over 40%.

These aren't the 2005 Spurs.

Agreed. I think that casual NBA fans don't appreciate how good the Spurs have been / are this year because they aren't flashy.

Agreed. I think that casual NBA fans don't appreciate how good the Spurs have been / are this year because they aren't flashy.

Also in a way I feel like they are kind of old news. They were the top seed last year and lost in the first round and they haven't made it to the West finals in what, 3 or 4 years, so to an extent I can understand people sort of saying "prove it". But so far, they are definitely proving it. Pop is such an incredible coach.

Also in a way I feel like they are kind of old news. They were the top seed last year and lost in the first round and they haven't made it to the West finals in what, 3 or 4 years, so to an extent I can understand people sort of saying "prove it". But so far, they are definitely proving it. Pop is such an incredible coach.

To be fair, they were really banged up last year when the playoffs started.

To be fair, they were really banged up last year when the playoffs started.

yeah, just saying the general fan perception remembers them as the 1 seed that lost to the 8.

That's a good point [old news]. The same reason that guys like Jordan stopped getting MVPs after awhile, because people took his consistent success for granted. Clearly, people take the spurs consistency for granted.

I just find it comical that people think they're too old to win. They played 66 games in 4 months. They'll play about 10 playoff games in the last month.

It's probably worst case scenario with the teams left, but there are match-ups Stern would hate more. How about Toronto vs Sacramento!

yeah, just saying the general fan perception remembers them as the 1 seed that lost to the 8.

That is old news now that the Bulls went down this year. The Spurs are the deepest team in the NBA. They are deeper than SU was this year. This isn't the Spurs of old that won on defense and being fundamentally sound. They win with their offense now. They scored the second most points in the NBA this year. How many teams have you seen get down by 24 points and end up scoring 24 straight points themselves to take a commanding lead; in the playoffs. They have just the right mix of old and young guys to go all the way. My prediction is who ever wins between the Spurs and OKC will sweep the east in the finals. Yes, I am and have been a Spurs fan since the days of Gene Banks, Artis Gilmore, Paul Silas, and the "Ice Man".

SA is +3.6 assists per game (hme/opp), OK is -1.6. For a while its OK to marvel at Durant but their game is pretty predictable. The Durantula is too tall and mobile to be guarded but the Spurs are much more creative and well rounded from top to bottom. I hope OK goes down to the Spurs.

He would never let that happen...
So does he dip the ball in dry ice before an important San Antonio/Indiana free throw or force Duncan and Hibbert to play minor league baseball for a year?

I think you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. The Spurs look amazing but they still need to face OKC who is a very solid basketball team. The Pacers might not even make it past a Heat team that is missing Bosh.

So does he dip the ball in dry ice before an important San Antonio/Indiana free throw or force Duncan and Hibbert to play minor league basketball for a year?

Don't overcomplicate things. It's all in the officiating.

If college basketball could survive Butler-UConn, then any sport is safe.

Anyone who claims to be a basketball fan would love this matchup. Two extremely efficient teams that ran under the radar all year long but play fundamentally sound basketball the way it is supposed to be played. The Pacers lost their chance last night, but I think the Spurs win it all this year.

Watch the Spurs play-- the ball movement is unusually good. The open man is found 9 times out of 10 leading to a great look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom