A Play Worth Seeing | Syracusefan.com

A Play Worth Seeing

I wouldn't think Cuse would get that call based on what I have seen this year. I thought it was a bang bang play. Not as clear cut as it's made out to be.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...rizon-league-tournament-opener-070951175.html

That's good coaching.
What would the Orange would do in the same situation?
Chuck the ball to halfcourt and pray someone can catch and toss off a wild shot in .6 of a second?

Although...on the defensive side...perhaps this reveals one reason Boeheim generally ignores the inbounder in last ditch scenarios.
Dean a Smith tried that against us in 1975. No call. I think we have actually run it once, unsuccessfully, that I recall.

I can guarantee we wouldn't get that call. There was a game a couple years ago that should have ended on the FT line as a result of this exact same play. Guess what? We didn't get the call.

1:42 mark in this video:

Teams (including SU) use to run an inbounds play occasionally to get the charge call 20 -30 years ago. It must have a low success rate - haven't seen it in quite a while. Do I remember a play like that in a game against BC in the Michael Adams era or am I hallucinating again?

Sorry didn't see Jake's post till after I wrote this.

Last edited:
I can guarantee we wouldn't get that call. There was a game a couple years ago that should have ended on the FT line as a result of this exact same play. Guess what? We didn't get the call.

1:42 mark in this video:

Recalled this exact same play when I saw this earlier. Literally never seen that call made. The fact that the ref said he would call it before it happened is kinda BS imo.

Not what this thread is about, but man what a shooter that Bader kid is. :eek:

If that call gets made in a major game, the controversy over it would be incredible. If Syracuse won on that awful a call, I'm not sure I could take any pride in that victory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom