A POSITIVE POST!!! | Syracusefan.com

A POSITIVE POST!!!

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
I left the snowy confines of upstate unaware really of the hammering ever-present pessimism and negativity.

This board today makes that dreadfully obvious, sure it's the lowest Syracuse Basketball has been since most of gen X was born, but a Phoenix can only rise from ashes. The Basketball team and the Football team might both be 5-7 come Christmas, with a loss to a hated Rival and Player turned Coach that can't even read this post, but...

I think JG and BB have much better game in them than has been shown lately. I am putting faith in young players that seemed to have a bit of that winners Moxie to respond. BB literally grew up on that court, lets see it play out. I still think that 14 and 18 game Sidibe put up at Pitt wasn't a fluke. I still think Quincy will develop quickly and Marek will be a solid 9 and 8 and won't have to play the 5 so much as Edwards earns more time. Eli can still be all ACC.

I say this after painfully watching a second half twice when I already knew the outcomes then coming to this cloud of mopey meltdown calling for JBs head. What? While I agree with a lot of points and did 'see it coming' from the culmination of various attritions I choose to believe at this point the ship will be rigthed before seasons end and a lot of those 2-12 or 3-14 games become 7-9 or 10-12 when it matters. How long has the old man talked about freshman needing time? How long have some here pined for "4 year players" well, they ain't ready for prime time off the bat usually huh?

4-4 but there's a lot more and all that.

LGOMF

I predict the POSITIVE...

will turn negative. ;)

I left the snowy confines of upstate unaware really of the hammering ever-present pessimism and negativity.

This board today makes that dreadfully obvious, sure it's the lowest Syracuse Basketball has been since most of gen X was born, but a Phoenix can only rise from ashes. The Basketball team and the Football team might both be 5-7 come Christmas, with a loss to a hated Rival and Player turned Coach that can't even read this post, but...

I think JG and BB have much better game in them than has been shown lately. I am putting faith in young players that seemed to have a bit of that winners Moxie to respond. BB literally grew up on that court, lets see it play out. I still think that 14 and 18 game Sidibe put up at Pitt wasn't a fluke. I still think Quincy will develop quickly and Marek will be a solid 9 and 8 and won't have to play the 5 so much as Edwards earns more time. Eli can still be all ACC.

I say this after painfully watching a second half twice when I already knew the outcomes then coming to this cloud of mopey meltdown calling for JBs head. What? While I agree with a lot of points and did 'see it coming' from the culmination of various attritions I choose to believe at this point the ship will be rigthed before seasons end and a lot of those 2-12 or 3-14 games become 7-9 or 10-12 when it matters. How long has the old man talked about freshman needing time? How long have some here pined for "4 year players" well, they ain't ready for prime time off the bat usually huh?

4-4 but there's a lot more and all that.

LGOMF
Agree with some points, but some of it is still rationalization. Every team has freshmen that 'need time.' And as our players "develop," so will players from other teams. It's not as if everyone else will just nap while we try to get better. It's kinda telling that everyone else began their training months after we did this year, and we still look greener and more unprepared than some pretty unremarkable opponents. And even against the teams we beat, who just can't compete on the talent front, they still looked more competent than we do.

I, too, have a sense that Quincy will be a pretty good player by the end of the season. I admit that, based on the It'ly games i did not see, that i expected him to be a 12/6 guy this year. He might get there by the end of the season, but won't average that. I thought he'd be starting, as well... Derp. Joe will be better. He is too good of a shooter to shoot so poorly. Buddy needs to be reigned-in, and have minutes reduced. He's a good shooter when he has time, but is slow-of-foot and not athletic enough to create better spacing for himself. If we had a better PG, that would be less of an issue. If we ran more, that might be less of an issue, as he could spot up on the secondary. Eli is good enough for me. Wish he didn't have as much pressure on him to make up for the others, but he's going to be a 19pt scorer.

I have no idea how we're going to finish record-wise, or with standings in the league, as i'm not interested in watching other college teams to gauge our relative quality. It's too depressing to see how other teams do things.

I hope JB calls it a career following this season. I don't expect it. I have no idea where Wildhack goes for the next coach, but i assume he's already on the bench. I wish i could be privy to the truthful discussions and thought processes on that matter. I kinda have a feeling that, because of the clamor now for Mike to come back, the AD might just be thinking that, 'Hey, mike was an assistant without any HC experience and is doing alright, so why wouldn't Red be the same kind of hire?'

It's kinda funny, how the same people who need to declare that we're a 'blue blood' and a 'premier program' are also among those who say we can't draw a big name HC, and will have to pluck from the ranks of the lower divisions or one of our own assistants. Some hard truths are emerging. I hope we get it right. I need us to be good.

Let’s be honest. We are not good. We have been mediocre for years. We have no mojo or momentum. It’s time for change. Our recruiting is a reflection of our staff and organization. It’s less than stellar. We have been kidding ourselves for years. The game is leaving us behind. It’s not fun anymore. We have to be honest and confront the fact we are slipping fast. Change is needed immediately. I can’t keep telling myself it’s okbor getting better cause it’s not. I’ll be resented for these comments but I stand by them. We need a rebirth now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom