A Question for All SU Fans | Syracusefan.com

A Question for All SU Fans

RoysRunts

All Conference
Please provide a Link

This is a Serious Question. I have been a Fan since 1962,Thus I have been a Fan of SU Basketball all Of Jim Boeheim's Career . The Question is Has Jim Boeheim in ALL, ALL his Coaching career ever said a loss was his fault? I can never remember 1 instance.

I fault JB for a lot, but not this. I would think it would be a rare thing for coaches to acknowledge such a thing. After all, they're not the ones missing shots, and they're typically still going to have confidence in the schemes they design for that game. Whether they work or not is something else altogether.

You'd have to look for a coach with a different kind of personality for self-deprecating remarks. And someone with supreme job security. I wouldn't be surprised if K or Roy Williams said something like this.

Please provide a Link

This is a Serious Question. I have been a Fan since 1962,Thus I have been a Fan of SU Basketball all Of Jim Boeheim's Career . The Question is Has Jim Boeheim in ALL, ALL his Coaching career ever said a loss was his fault? I can never remember 1 instance.

I will flip it for you. How many of his 900+ wins has he taken credit for?

Zero.

Please provide a Link

I will flip it for you. How many of his 900+ wins has he taken credit for?

Zero.
The reason that neither of things has ever happened is probably because the actual answer to both questions is probably 0.
The reason the old adage "We win as a team. We lose as a team" is an old adage is because it's true.
I am sure there have been games where JB has put together masterful game plans and the team has still lost because we the players just couldn't pull them off. I am also sure there have been other games where maybe JB's game plan wasn't perfect, but the team pulled out the game anyway because they were better players.

There is so much that goes into winning or losing a game that it is nearly impossible to lay all the blame at the feet of one person/player. Right now, we have threads on this board blaming JB, Rak, BT and MCW for our recent struggles. And the truth is that is probably the way it should be. Each of them has played a role in the team's recent struggles, but none of them is solely responsible for the struggles either.

/End rant.
/Picks up soap box and rides into sunset on very high horse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom