A quick note | Syracusefan.com

A quick note

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
I'm sure there are other board members here who can also verify, the recruits aren't the only ones receiving hand written letters from the staff. I'm not sure if this is only a Section III thing or not, but local coaches are receiving them as well. Coach Marrone's staff worked hard at reaching out to local coaches, we even received a phone call or two from Doug himself in year one, but, this staff has kicked it up a notch further. They are in regular contact and absolutely available pretty much anytime to help in any way.

Just thought you guys might like to know that.

I'm sure there are other board members here who can also verify, the recruits aren't the only ones receiving hand written letters from the staff. I'm not sure if this is only a Section III thing or not, but local coaches are receiving them as well. Coach Marrone's staff worked hard at reaching out to local coaches, we even received a phone call or two from Doug himself in year one, but, this staff has kicked it up a notch further. They are in regular contact and absolutely available pretty much anytime to help in any way.

Just thought you guys might like to know that.
I really like your "A Quick Note" posts. Always very informative.

I know there have been discussions about how if SU wants more local fans they need to get out in the community more and connect to the locals that have no ties to the school. This is one example of something small that will go a long way in getting out in the community. Add to that the ticket campaign that Dave is sending out to teachers across the region and the blasts of news articles in the PS/Syracuse.com and it appears the school is moving in the right direction. I see a common theme with letters to coaches and tickets for teachers - these are people who have influence over kids, our next generation of rebid fans.

I know there have been discussions about how if SU wants more local fans they need to get out in the community more and connect to the locals that have no ties to the school. This is one example of something small that will go a long way in getting out in the community. Add to that the ticket campaign that Dave is sending out to teachers across the region and the blasts of news articles in the PS/Syracuse.com and it appears the school is moving in the right direction. I see a common theme with letters to coaches and tickets for teachers - these are people who have influence over kids, our next generation of rebid fans.

Good Points

Aww, come on. My name is Dan! Don't give this mysterious "Dave" character credit haha -- But yes, community connections! More to come!

Watch out Dan, I heard Dave vowed to kick your ass!
dan-obrien-dave-johnson-reebok-ad.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom