A request for the Dome home fans | Syracusefan.com

A request for the Dome home fans

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Regarding Rakeem - in the past three months we've seen him go from a neutral, pedestrian player for three years into one of the best centers in the country. All of this during a season in which the two guys supposed to back him up are out for the year, and without 100% certainty that he'll be allowed to play in any games after the Virginia game.

A nice standing ovation on senior night is nice, but won't be enough. Let's get up and cheer like crazy when his name is called during intros for these last 6 home games. Rakeem has played his heart out this year and is THE REASON SU is not 10-9 right now. Show the kid some love!

and without 100% certainty that he'll be allowed to play in any games after the Virginia game.!

huh? We still have a game @ NC State after Virginia...and regardless of what happens with the NCAA, the Virginia game will be his last home game.

But I agree with your sentiment - ROC deserves every bit of applause we can give him.

huh? We still have a game @ NC State after Virginia...and regardless of what happens with the NCAA, the Virginia game will be his last home game.

But I agree with your sentiment - ROC deserves every bit of applause we can give him.
My bad - mixed up last home game w/ possibly last game period. Still!

He does get the loudest ovation when the players are introduced. Much love for Rak in the Dome.

Regarding Rakeem - in the past three months we've seen him go from a neutral, pedestrian player for three years into one of the best centers in the country. All of this during a season in which the two guys supposed to back him up are out for the year, and without 100% certainty that he'll be allowed to play in any games after the Virginia game.

A nice standing ovation on senior night is nice, but won't be enough. Let's get up and cheer like crazy when his name is called during intros for these last 6 home games. Rakeem has played his heart out this year and is THE REASON SU is not 10-9 right now. Show the kid some love!

We would have only won 10 games!

oh no... 1 more thing I just realized... I've been calculating Rak's chances at 1,000 points based on the usual 35ish games.

He is currently at 846 thanks to this season. He needs 154 more points with probably only 12 more games instead of at least 14 (NIT if not NCAA).

He only needs to average 12.84 points per game to do it - which hopefully he does, but it would have been a heckuva lot easier with some extra games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom