A show performance | Syracusefan.com

A show performance

MadNY3

All American
I really hate those who ring over-the-top emotion post losses...but man, count me in this club.

We lost to a mediocre basketball team tonight and the most electrifying action was in the postgame media session. Pathetic. Yes, Big East road games are tough, but no, this one should not have been.

As a CT resident who hates UCONN, I am extra snarky, but this team stunk tonight. For no reason.

I really hate those who ring over-the-top emotion post losses...but man, count me in this club.

We lost to a mediocre basketball team tonight and the most electrifying action was in the postgame media session. Pathetic. Yes, Big East road games are tough, but no, this one should not have been.

As a CT resident who hates UCONN, I am extra snarky, but this team stunk tonight. For no reason.
A complete, pitiful, deflated collapse at the end. I hope the team hurts emotionally from this for a good long while. If this embarassing display doesn't light the fire, nothing will.

This is the kind of game you win if you're trying make a statement as a NC contender.

We took a step back tonight.

Damn frustrating.

But I've seen this coming for weeks.

This is the kind of game you win if you're trying make a statement as a NC contender.

Disagree.

Louisville is such a game.

UCONN should be a win. Period.

NC contenders handle this in a moderately comfortable manner. Syracuse couldn't keep up.

This was not a "it is so hard to win on the road in the Big East" loss. It was a bad loss to an undermanned team.

There literally were less than 3 "fun plays", if you know what I mean. Hard to watch all around. Not sure what the gameplan was but it failed to the definition of epic.

Disagree.

Louisville is such a game.

UCONN should be a win. Period.

NC contenders handle this in a moderately comfortable manner. Syracuse couldn't keep up.

This was not a "it is so hard to win on the road in the Big East" loss. It was a bad loss to an undermanned team.

Missed my point. I guess I wasn't clear.

I agree with you.

This is the kind of game that good basketball teams SHOULD win.

This is the team we are. If we don't hit our threes that we seem to fall in love with when we have a huge advantage down low, we look like . Team makes me bipolar, one second I think Final Four for sure the next I'm thinking Elite 8 tops.

This is the team we are. If we don't hit our threes that we seem to fall in love with when we have a huge advantage down low, we look like . Team makes me bipolar, one second I think Final Four for sure the next I'm thinking Elite 8 tops.

Elite 8 would be a tall order for this team.

Seems like when they get the ball to Rak he does his best not to make the basket. Keita isn't exactly Mr. Smooth either. So maybe the guards are thinking the same thing?

Seems like when they get the ball to Rak he does his best not to make the basket. Keita isn't exactly Mr. Smooth either. So maybe the guards are thinking the same thing?

True, I'm sure JB is even more frustrated than us watching and realizes we don't have anything if Triche plays awful and our wings play like idiots on D. No one played well tonight.

It's true they're mediocre. Boatright and Napier probably couldn't walk on to Syracuse. The talent disparity is that extreme. But I am rather troubled by the lack of heart on this team. Saying UConn made some lucky shots is fine, but how does a team like that hang with us on the boards? That's effort, kids. To be honest, I am starting to wonder if our continued year in and out success is causing us to take things for granted, on the court and off. These UConn kids have nothing to play for, but the moment. As a program they haven't been good in recent years, and now they're banned, but they showed up against a rival, and it's probably because they didn't overlook their opponent and pencil in a W.

We took a step back tonight.

Damn frustrating.

But I've seen this coming for weeks.

True. This has been a-brewing.

I hate the losses where we are out hustled. Should never happen, but does often. Kevin Ollie told his players we were a bunch of softies, and to punk us. He was right.

What I'd give for a Jason hart, or a team full of him.

Garbage effort. Don't be afraid to post up those teeny-weeny guards. No point in having a size difference otherwise because what we just did was nonsense.

It's true they're mediocre. Boatright and Napier probably couldn't walk on to Syracuse. The talent disparity is that extreme. But I am rather troubled by the lack of heart on this team. Saying UConn made some lucky shots is fine, but how does a team like that hang with us on the boards? That's effort, kids. To be honest, I am starting to wonder if our continued year in and out success is causing us to take things for granted, on the court and off. These UConn kids have nothing to play for, but the moment. As a program they haven't been good in recent years, and now they're banned, but they showed up against a rival, and it's probably because they didn't overlook their opponent and pencil in a W.
That's crap. Both UConn guards are good enough to play for pretty much anyone. They ate Triche and MCW's lunch tonight.

Look guys, we rarely beat uconn on the road..and almost never pitt. If you put the Miami Heat in cuse unis..they probably lose road games to these two teams. This loss means nothing. Im pissed they lost, and they did not play well..but I dont think its some sign of the times.

XYZ team - if that team had 4 top 50 players out of HS in their starting lineup, was 11-1 at home and had a top 25 RPI - would you call that team a mediocre team? Some people here are giving no credit to UConn and are making it out like we lost to a TCU ala Kansas. Sure this was a disappointing loss but not a "bad loss" like many other teams have suffered this year- heck Butler just lost tonight and many other teams have similar losses. How about the #4 team in the country Michigan getting crushed the other night by a team UConn beat. It happens. Yes, our guards are not consistent and Rak does not have the personality to be a dominant player and because of those reasons, I cannot see us winning 6 in a row in the tournament. But some of the ridiculous comments tonight - JB should retire...Wow.

If we play anywhere near the way we played last night we don't get out of the first weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom