A very good recruiting move by Doug | Syracusefan.com

A very good recruiting move by Doug

kcsu

Living Legend
Now that we have finished with 5 straight in the tank the decision by Doug to fill up this class early looks pretty smart. Lets hope that we can keep what we have.

That will be the interesting part or tenuous part depending on how you look at it. If he is able to still bring in some "bigger" name recruits and improve recruiting this year then I would have to say that he is improving as a recruiter. I've given him a pass for the most part as far as recruiting goes b/c he has limited experience doing it.

This is actually a very good point, and I think it speaks to the fact that whatever really kicked this thing into the shitstorm it became, Doug may have seen it coming and was wise to do the things he did. I know that I was one of the people sketchy about taking so many early commits, especially at 5-2, cause figured we could have bigger fish to fry by the end of the year.

You guys are really reaching if you think he did that on purpose.

This is actually a very good point, and I think it speaks to the fact that whatever really kicked this thing into the shitstorm it became, Doug may have seen it coming and was wise to do the things he did. I know that I was one of the people sketchy about taking so many early commits, especially at 5-2, cause figured we could have bigger fish to fry by the end of the year.
I had the same thought.

Now that we have finished with 5 straight in the tank the decision by Doug to fill up this class early looks pretty smart. Lets hope that we can keep what we have.
Early commits mean next to nothing. You can be sure every coach under the sun is after our commits as we speak. The question is can we hold on to any of them?

You guys really think that Marrone can see the future? Seriously?:crazy:

He does not have superpowers. He did not know we were going to lose the last 5 games. I would hope, like all competitors, he expected to win every game. He was merely getting the best class he possibly could and locking the players down as best he could. To think otherwise is delusional.

I think it was strategic not because he saw the downturn, but so he can now focus on getting ahead in next years class. I think they have been behind every year and this is the first year they can really jump on the next class. Just my opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom