A wedding story | Syracusefan.com

A wedding story

pearl31

in cahoots
So I got hitched last weekend. To a beautiful, amazing woman who also happens to be a diehard Wisconsin Badgers fan. When Syracuse defeated Wisconsin in the '12 sweet 16, things were not so good between us for a good week or so after the game. We're both a bit passionate about it.

So I asked my dad to give one of the toasts at our reception last week. I knew he was planning something fairly elaborate, but man, he made a toast for the ages. After the typical "I'm so happy for and proud of…" sentiments he proceeded to pull out a large bag and prefaced the revelation of its contents by reminding the audience of the groom's and bride's sporting allegiances. And this is what he produced, each one aprox 24" x 12" in actual size:

As you can see, there is an "autograph" on each one. My dad explained to everyone that he simply had to join the booster club for each school to obtain each coach's John Hancock. Everyone bought it, including me for a few minutes. He finally fessed up that he had my sisters do the "autographs". He also handed me a Badgers hat to put on and my wife a nice Orange one.
All in all, even despite the coaches' signatures not being legit it was a pretty great toast.
Thought some of you might enjoy hearing about it. :)

congratulations.

An interesting summer thread would be a listing of the non-Cuse college teams that everyone's significant others root for. One of the best threads was that p---- whipped guy with a Puke girlfriend.

Congratulations! As the man of the house, it's officially time to rid it of anything Badger related. Just tell her it's for the good of the marriage.

congratulations.

An interesting summer thread would be a listing of the non-Cuse college teams that everyone's significant others root for. One of the best threads was that p---- whipped guy with a Puke girlfriend.

Ill get it started-- girlfriend is a huge Ohio State fan :eek:

Had OSU gotten by Dayton it would have been quite the showdown. I'm almost glad it didn't happen.

90% of the games we watched together this past year, football and bball, OSU lost. There's a fine line between showing compassion towards your gf when she is sad, and loving every second of it deep down.

congratulations.

St. Bonaventure. They don't seem to illicit much concern for her or our teams these days.

Sorry boys. My wife and I met at SU and we got married at Hendricks' Chapel. BTW, congrats Pearl31.

Art?? Didn't know you posted here.

Congrats Pearl!! Sometimes life goes beyond sports, and sometimes we all need a reminder of it. If you ever visit Denver, there is a Badgers bar(called Badgers) 4 blocks from me, but also a nice 'Cuse bar(although not exclusively so, but a large following). Both are fine places with good, friendly management. I wish you both a bright future together.

Congrats. It's great when your wife is a sports fan. You might not always agree on who to root for but at least she will partake in your interests. This week is my 17th anniversary. It goes by quickly, so enjoy every moment of it. However, I cannot give you any marital advice, except maybe to give her all the space she needs when she needs it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom