A Year of Orange in the NBA | Syracusefan.com

A Year of Orange in the NBA

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Michael Carter Williams still widely considered a favorite in the Rookie of The Year competition..

Dion Waiters now in the discussion as a potential player in the 6th man of the year award, though I thought he started.

I think MCW has it, Dion's a bit of a long shot but he's really starting to outshine Kyrie and I love it.

Glad to see our guards doing so well in the NBA.

Come on down Mr. Battle.

Michael Carter Williams still widely considered a favorite in the Rookie of The Year competition..

Dion Waiters now in the discussion as a potential player in the 6th man of the year award, though I thought he started.

I think MCW has it, Dion's a bit of a long shot but he's really starting to outshine Kyrie and I love it.

Come on down Mr. Battle.

Dion is playing better, but he is not at Kyrie's level at this point.

No no no no no...don't you get it?
Its not about positives for our former players. Better to mock Jonny, or belittle Donte, or dismiss Wesley, or ridicule Fab.
Once they leave and are finished serving us and our whims, then to hell with them! What kind of miserable SU fan are u anyway?
Get with the denigration program already!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Come on down Mr. Battle.

Waiters got back into the starting five when Kyrie got hurt, I thought.

Waiters got back into the starting five when Kyrie got hurt, I thought.
You are correct sir, he has started the last 13 games, and 22 overall on the season.

Dion is playing better, but he is not at Kyrie's level at this point.

If Dion keeps improving his game and maturing, he won't be a better player than Kyrie, but he may be a better player to build around.

Dion and Kyrie are both alphas with their bs and drama. But Dion's maturing and Kyrie just seems to still be about himself. Popular consensus is that Kyrie won't even be in Cleveland next year.

I'm really proud of how far Dion's came as an adult and an athlete.

I know he isn't a guard but Wes is having a solid season averaging 9 and 4
I heard something about that Carmelo guy having a pretty decent season, too.

I heard something about that Carmelo guy having a pretty decent season, too.
Love Melo but it's a shame he's stuck with that Knicks Organization.

No no no no no...don't you get it?
Its not about positives for our former players. Better to mock Jonny, or belittle Donte. or dismiss Wesley, or ridicule Fab.
Once they leave and are finished serving us and our whims, then to hell with them! What kind of miserable SU fan are u anyway?
Get with the denigration program already!! :rolleyes:

The worst was when Dion had a bad game early in his career, the wolves were drooling . Everytime he had a bad game a thread was started, just to show that their take on his draft status was correct. That has stopped now.;)

Dion has lots of potential and has actually shown flashes of great play in the NBA. Unfortunately he has to overcome the combo that is Cleveland and Mike Brown.

Dion has lots of potential and has actually shown flashes of great play in the NBA. Unfortunately he has to overcome the combo that is Cleveland and Mike Brown.

Yes. He is dynamic in any pick in roll scenario and I think he got himself into better shape the last 1/4 of the season. His explosion to the rim on drives is awesome. Wants to take big shots too. Still has LOTS of work to do on the defensive end but he's had a nice year. He was starting back again with Kyrie once the season was basically over and when they knew CJ Miles was definitely going to be out indefinitely. with the injury.

I guess this will put all of the syracuse players are a bust on the next level talk to rest.

Let's keep that Guard U talk going.

Flynn (dang hip)
Dion
MCW
Ennis

Mr. Joseph is next

Our starting backcourt for this past season is doing very well in the NBA. Oh Lord

Well it's kind of on him isn't it?

No. When he went there to team up with Amare, Amare was a darkhorse MVP candidate in his prime and playing great basketball.

Unless you're expecting Melo to be a doctor with the ability to predict one of the most rapid fall-offs in a star player in NBA history, it's not on him.

No. When he went there to team up with Amare, Amare was a darkhorse MVP candidate in his prime and playing great basketball.

Unless you're expecting Melo to be a doctor with the ability to predict one of the most rapid fall-offs in a star player in NBA history, it's not on him.

Fair enough, though I recall Carmelo could have just signed after the season rather than demanding a trade. I may be mistaken. Of course, the Knicks have also been a horribly run franchise for years. One could argue Carmelo should've know what he was getting into.

MCW should be a unanimous ROY selection and despite the Knicks' problems, Melo should be 1st team All-NBA. He might have had his best overall season this year.

Fair enough, though I recall Carmelo could have just signed after the season rather than demanding a trade. I may be mistaken. Of course, the Knicks have also been a horribly run franchise for years. One could argue Carmelo should've know what he was getting into.

Could've signed after the season...,for far less money. I really can't blame him for getting as much as he could, and I really don't think Wilson Chandler or Gallo were that big of a deal. Decent young players, but not really guys who make much of a difference on the bottom line either way.

The Knicks have been poorly run, but the prospect of teaming up with another superstar and bringing powerful teams back to the Garden certainly sounds good.

Last years Knicks with the old Amare could've been a serious contender.

Love Melo but it's a shame he's stuck with that Knicks Organization.

yes. he was traded there kicking and screaming...they also forced him to sign a huge contract...and they may put gun to head to force him to sign another I hear.

sometimes its hard to hear that perhaps winning is more important to fans than it is to actual players.

Im not saying he doesn't hold winning in the pros important...just not as important as other things on his docket.

OrangeDW said:
No. When he went there to team up with Amare, Amare was a darkhorse MVP candidate in his prime and playing great basketball. Unless you're expecting Melo to be a doctor with the ability to predict one of the most rapid fall-offs in a star player in NBA history, it's not on him.

Amare's knees were uninsurable. You don't need to be a doctor to see that when he lost it - it was going to limited minutes the rest of his career.

I think Melo knew and didn't care. They also made the playoffs every year he's been there but this year. Phil will get him help.

Amare's knees were uninsurable. You don't need to be a doctor to see that when he lost it - it was going to limited minutes the rest of his career.

I think Melo knew and didn't care. They also made the playoffs every year he's been there but this year. Phil will get him help.

The knicks need a lot of help, it might be best for Melo to go elsewhere.