Absent announcers | Syracusefan.com

Absent announcers

VaBeachOrFan

2nd String
Can't help but gripe at Doug Sherman and Corey Alexander for being absent most of the game. Yammered on and on with all their background material while ignoring the game. Never noted Marek's first foul, and didn't notice his second within the first several minutes of the game. No one gave them the word in their ear? No one slipped them a note that this was a big deal??? They finally woke up at the four minute mark before the half when he got his third foul . . . wha? that's his third?!? Then continued to give us trivia on players' home towns, Charlie Ward is in the stands, so-and-so's mother has a Valentine's shop . . . good grief! They didn't pay attention to the game in front of them until four minutes left in the game.

Apologies for the extended rant, but gimme a break. We deserve better.-VBOF

Corey Alexander enjoys talking about Corey Alexander.

He loves himself. A lot. I'm not sure he enjoys watching basketball though - although it does seem to give him a reason to talk about himself. A lot.

Can't help but gripe at Doug Sherman and Corey Alexander for being absent most of the game. Yammered on and on with all their background material while ignoring the game. Never noted Marek's first foul, and didn't notice his second within the first several minutes of the game. No one gave them the word in their ear? No one slipped them a note that this was a big deal??? They finally woke up at the four minute mark before the half when he got his third foul . . . wha? that's his third?!? Then continued to give us trivia on players' home towns, Charlie Ward is in the stands, so-and-so's mother has a Valentine's shop . . . good grief! They didn't pay attention to the game in front of them until four minutes left in the game.

Apologies for the extended rant, but gimme a break. We deserve better.-VBOF

Basically it’s like you are watching a live game on TV but the audio is a pumped in random conversation from two dudes shooting pool , drinking , in a bar ... who aren’t even watching TV

I listen to WAER and mute the TV announcers. Works okay if you live in the Syracuse area and it's on cable, and you're not watching a stream...otherwise WAER is at least a half minute ahead of a stream.

They make some mistakes..giving the wrong SU player a rebound or assist, but they keep you pretty accurately informed (stats etc).

Corey Alexander enjoys talking about Corey Alexander.

He loves himself. A lot. I'm not sure he enjoys watching basketball though - although it does seem to give him a reason to talk about himself. A lot.
Despite the fact Cory is a Hoo great, this is the primary reason many of us on our board thank The Great Engineer for putting the Mute button on the remote.

They have to had been better than the FSU radio announcers I had to listen to on Sirius.

I was embarrassed for them.

I had some time in the car during the game, and yes, I can confirm that the FSU announcers were a complete mess. You think this board is bad on refs, you should give them a listen.

First half FSU crew. Brutal. First part of second half Matt Park who is also horrendous. Game end tv. Just woeful

First half FSU crew. Brutal. First part of second half Matt Park who is also horrendous. Game end tv. Just woeful
Doll-a-zo ... Dough-lay-zo ... Dolley-zay ... Cee-Bee-Bee

They missed so much of the little things going on. For example, in the 2nd half, there was a sequence where Buddy got bumped and lost the ball leading to the fast break when Eli tried to foul at half court but JG got called for the foul on the layup, they thought JAB was arguing that Eli should have been called for the foul. But, it was clear he was arguing that Buddy got fouled leading to the turnover. Those idiots never noticed that Buddy got hacked.
It didn't help that the replay started with Eli's reach-in attempt. The replays were bad all game.

ESPN now does some AWFUL productions.

Replays were usually slow and often not the play viewers wanted to see.
And the only positive thing that can be said about Sherman and Alexander (isn't that a law firm?) is that I now know something about Otis Birdsong's hands.
Possibly THE most ridiculous, inane, irrelevant comment in the entire history of sports announcing.

Someone needs to tell them - especially Alexander - that there's actually a game going on while they're jabbering about nothing.

shamalamadingdong .

otismy_man_aluminum_license_plate.jpg

ESPN now does some AWFUL productions.

Replays were usually slow and often not the play viewers wanted to see.
And the only positive thing that can be said about Sherman and Alexander (isn't that a law firm?) is that I now know something about Otis Birdsong's hands.
Possibly THE most ridiculous, inane, irrelevant comment in the entire history of sports announcing.

Someone needs to tell them - especially Alexander - that there's actually a game going on while they're jabbering about nothing.

I have learned so much about who Corey Alexander played against in 1993. Informative stuff!