ACC-B1G challenge matchups will be announced today | Syracusefan.com

ACC-B1G challenge matchups will be announced today

Alsacs

Living Legend
According to Laura Keeley who is a NC writer who is plugged into the ACC office she reporting this.
I think Syracuse is going to get one of 4 matchups.
Indiana@Syracuse
Michigan@Syracuse
Syracuse@Ohio State
Syracuse@Iowa.

Duke and UNC are pretty much locks to play Michigan and Mich St, the two highest ranked B1G teams.

I hope this challenge goes away soon and would not mind being left out altogether this year but that is not going to happen.

Indiana or Michigan is obvious

Duke and UNC are pretty much locks to play Michigan and Mich St, the two highest ranked B1G teams.
Michigan State is at home and Michigan is on the road. Duke is on the road and North Carolina is at home. I think Duke@Michigan State is a lock, and I think Indiana or Michigan will go to North Carolina.

Also, Wisconsin is on the road next year so the only way we would get them would be at the Dome, but I think Wisconsin@Virginia rematch makes sense next year.
If we are at home we will get one of Indiana/Michigan I believe and the other will go to North Carolina. If we are on the road we will play Ohio State or Iowa projected top 4 B1G teams next year.

I love these games. First, whether it was the acc big east or the big east vs the sec, we haven't lost yet. What is not to like?

For me it is a potential matchup thing. Duke and UNC will get the more favorable matchups most years against a league that only has Ohio State, Michigan, Indiana, and Michigan State. Throw Notre Dame (Indiana), Louisville, and Pittsburgh into the mix and we are talking about playing Iowa, Illinois, or Wisconsin every year. Not to mention Gross pushing for Rutgers in MSG.

With the ACC going for its own network I think it would be better served working with the Big East unless one of the Pac-12, Big 10, Big 12, or SEC are also going to do a football partnership in the future.

Seriously Duke, Indiana, North Carolina, Villanova, Notre Dame, Boston College, Pittsburgh, NC State, Miami, Clemson is probably the best home schedule in the country by a MILE. We should beat Kentucky for the attendance average record next year.
It was obvious we were getting Michigan/Indiana if we were at home. I bet the top other matchups are Michigan@North Carolina, Duke@Michigan State, Pittsburgh@Ohio State, Miami@Iowa, Wisconsin@Virginia, Notre Dame@Purdue, Northwestern@NC State(this one is confirmed)

Let's talk IU for next year.

They lose Zeller, Oladipo, Watford, Hulls

Return Ferrell, Sheehey, Mosque-Perea, Abel, Hollowell

Bring in Vonleh, Robinson, Williams

Looks like a borderline top 25 team next year

Let's talk IU for next year.

They lose Zeller, Oladipo, Watford, Hulls

Return Ferrell, Sheehey, Mosque-Perea, Abel, Hollowell

Bring in Vonleh, Robinson, Williams

Looks like a borderline top 25 team next year
They will be a top 25 team with talent but it will be young talent so it will be advantageous for SU to see our zone early in the season. Indiana will be a good banked win for NCAA tournament resume time as they will get better of the course of the season. Dan Dakich and Mike Tirico will call this game bank on it, and it will be great publicity for our program as he loves SU. Dakich has to use an Otto driver protector for his golf clubs for the entire summer because he lost a bet with Tirico over the tournament game in March, and I bet they will show a clip of him using those clubs.

what seems to be overlooked with our awesome schedule is that SU may have more early season loses than any of the past 5 seasons. Especially with a freshman point guard looking to familiarize himself with the collegiate game.

best home schedule. ever.

It is going to be close.

Best non-conference schedule, from what I can tell, is 82-83...

Houston - #1 seeds in that year's tournament.
Ohio State - #3 seed in that year's tournament

We also played NC on the road (2 seed)...

And, in conference, St. John's was a #1 and Gtown was a 5...

Obviously, I was wrong in what I wrote, but I had wow did the ACC continue with screwing of Maryland which is funny. They played on the road last year, but the ACC gave Duke a home game two years in a row, and placed Maryland on the road two years in a row. This funny now, Maryland is getting no Duke, North Carolina, NC State in College Park and now no B1G/ACC home game. Their home schedule is highlighted by Syracuse, Pittsburgh, and Virginia