ACC Basketball through 11/22/2017 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Basketball through 11/22/2017

jdubs30

Living Legend
As a conference, the ACC is currently 58-12 overall (Pitt and Wake are 1-8 combined, everyone else is 57-4).

The staunchy record is nice, but look who the conference has beaten:

#2 Michigan State
#2 Arizona
# 6 Wichita State
LSU
Oakland
Toledo
VCU
Northern Iowa
Bucknell
Stanford
Washington

It's early but that is a very impressive start and we aren't even through Thanksgiving week yet. The conference already has wins over the PAC12, B10 and AAC favorites. I know it's early, but it looks like once again the ACC will be the dominant conference - which should help our RPI, SOS and chances to get into the tournament

As a conference, the ACC is currently 58-12 overall (Pitt and Wake are 1-8 combined, everyone else is 57-4).

The staunchy record is nice, but look who the conference has beaten:

#2 Michigan State
#2 Arizona
# 6 Wichita State
LSU
Oakland
Toledo
VCU
Northern Iowa
Bucknell
Stanford
Washington

It's early but that is a very impressive start and we aren't even through Thanksgiving week yet. The conference already has wins over the PAC12, B10 and AAC favorites. I know it's early, but it looks like once again the ACC will be the dominant conference - which should help our RPI, SOS and chances to get into the tournament
Our three home and homes are BC, Pitt, and Wake. Does this help or hurt?

Our three home and homes are BC, Pitt, and Wake. Does this help or hurt?

If we get 6 wins out of that, it doesn't hurt.

I'm more worried about the OOC. We need to win 2-3 OOC games against major conference teams.

Wins anywhere are nice but we also need some good road wins. Isn’t more credit given to road wins than home?

I'd just hate to see us 10 - 8 or whatever, and have unbalanced schedule used against us... gotta kill this non conference stretch.:)

I'd just hate to see us 10 - 8 or whatever, and have unbalanced schedule used against us... gotta kill this non conference stretch.:)
I guess it depends on what milestone you're talking about.

Starting this season there was a real fear on the board to keep the >500 streak alive. Now with the showing of BC, Wake, and Pitt - it looks like SU should be favored and could go about 5-1 on those games alone. The quest for 17 wins looks a lot easier now.

As for the dance, we're going to have to get some quality wins. Lots of opportunity to do that but of course it would be nice to do it early and help the rep of the conference in the process.