ACC blog: Louisville to the ACC tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

ACC blog: Louisville to the ACC tomorrow

Probably good for UConn. They'll get invited to B1G. No doubt.

Probably good for UConn. They'll get invited to B1G. No doubt.
Not so sure about that. What does UConn bring them that Rutgers (I still can't believe I am having to type that) doesn't? Football? Meh. Hoops? A big ??? since JC is gone. Really nothing else, other than driving a wedge between the ACC and it northern-most member(s). Is that really that important? I think UConn, for the present if things play out vis a vis Louisville, is screwed.

UofL into the ACC
http://espn.go.com/
Of the three BE schools adding Louisville is the better choice, they rank well in Sears Cup in case you cared and add the Ohio and Kentucky cable markets.

Apparently UConn doesn't have the votes necessary to gain admission, maybe they can make an appeal to the Veteran's committee?

This doesn't seem like it is all that wonderful a solution, other than getting to a number does this really do enough to keep the conference together?

IMHO, the only real solution is merging the ACC with the PAC12 and owning the coasts, having the ACC champion playthe PAC12 champion for the right to the national football playoff...or having the major conferences ceding from the NCAA and writing their own rules and playoffs and sharing revenue...though I do think Louisville is a better add to any conference over Rutgers or Maryland. Nonetheless the pickings are scarce and should the ACC have any defections going forward trouble will be the word.

I wonder if Coach Pitino would like to amend or elaborate on any of his October 17th BE Media Day comments.

What's that Rick? SU is evil for leaving but the BE is fine, Memphis and Temple fill the void and Louisville is happy stay put?

Gotta be a mistake, I could swear I was assured by multiple sources here that Ville would never get an invite to the acc.

Not so sure about that. What does UConn bring them that Rutgers (I still can't believe I am having to type that) doesn't? Football? Meh. Hoops? A big ??? since JC is gone. Really nothing else, other than driving a wedge between the ACC and it northern-most member(s). Is that really that important? I think UConn, for the present if things play out vis a vis Louisville, is screwed.
Nothing. Rutgers gives the B1G television sets that they can put the Big 10 network on, and those are the same sets that UConn would put them on. The Big 10 has so much interest in UConn that that the ACC is letting them sit out there until they need them...

I wonder if Coach Pitino would like to amend or elaborate on any of his October 17th BE Media Day comments.

What's that Rick? SU is evil for leaving but the BE is fine, Memphis and Temple fill the void and Louisville is happy stay put?

Hate to point out the obvious, but those statements came before the death blow that was Rutgers leaving for the Big14

Hate to point out the obvious, but those statements came before the death blow that was Rutgers leaving for the Big14

Fair enough. The Rutgers decision may have altered Pitino's position but it was hardly the "death blow". The fate of the conference was sealed long before the Rutgers announcement. The writing was on the wall prior to SU’s decision. It was all just a matter of time (and money). I just think that Coach Pitino could and should have had the foresight to realize that rather than posturing with false bravado 6 weeks ago.

Fair enough. The Rutgers decision may have altered Pitino's position but it was hardly the "death blow". The fate of the conference was sealed long before the Rutgers announcement. The writing was on the wall prior to SU’s decision. It was all just a matter of time (and money). I just think that Coach Pitino could and should have had the foresight to realize that rather than posturing with false bravado 6 weeks ago.

I'm guessing it was a joke.

And that is pretty hilarious that Pitino talked all that garbage.

They didn't let WVU in because of academics, but now they let Louisville in? But they swear it's not about the money.

It's for those "student athletes"

But I would rather have them then Maryland or Uconn. Good get.

Hey, if you're going to take him seriously you could at least blast him. "Fair enough"? Rutgers has the potential for one good season in football (and they can/will still blow it). They have been bottom feeders for years.
If you're going to miss the sarcasm, at least give him an earful.

What I think will be interesting to watch is the face-off of the die-hards. The ACC is adding two of the largest & most rabid basketball fan-bases in the country, sure to be treated as outcasts by the infamous fan-bases of UNC & Duke. Pitt and Notre Dame fans are no joke either. The ACC conference schedule is about to become viciously competitive and infinitely more entertaining.

It was part joke, but part intended to point out the absurdity of criticizing Pitino for his comments. The whole situation has been incredibly fluid so each new day there are changed circumstances that will impact how anyone views the situation. Further, it was in Pitino's and Louisville's best interests to come out strongly in favor of the Big East and Anti-Expansion until there was a home for Louisville outside the Big East. If people don't see that then they aren't looking very hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom