ACC football 2014: Quarterback power rankings | Syracusefan.com

ACC football 2014: Quarterback power rankings

Agree with the list except for the UNC quarterback at #2. Last I heard Williams hasn't even won the position yet.

wow did a lot of talent leave. theres some shoes to be filled and a lot eyes will be watching. not the time to ever have 1 game of a QB rating below 100.

games are going to be won or lost by rookies and subpar leftovers behind the center more than ever this year, who can step up and give Jameis a run for his $$??

Wild seeing SEC and Big 12 cast offs leading the charge for multiple teams. How bad were the guys they recruited that they are immediately displaced?

Hunt getting some love...realistically after #1 it is a big crap shoot.

Boone and Stoudt are definitely the clear 2-3 after Winston. No idea how Williams got #2 on this list.

Cannot wait to watch THunt. Was a huge TH supporter even when Nassib was still here (no, not saying Nassib should've been benched either).

This is Hunt's team and everybody in that program knows it.

Cannot wait to watch THunt. Was a huge TH supporter even when Nassib was still here (no, not saying Nassib should've been benched either).

This is Hunt's team and everybody in that program knows it.
I can't say the same. Not that I was against Hunt when Nassib was here, but I would not say I was his supporter more than any other QB on the roster.

What I would say about Hunt now is that he is already a more polished QB than Nasib was. Nassib was the much better passer, but Hunt does more of the little things that make a difference. He is better at disguising screens and play-action. He is better at deciding when to run or stay in the pocket. He is better at looking off defenders. If he could pass like Nassib he would be a Heisman candidate.

Looking forward to seeing him with this loaded receiving over the next two seasons.

Hunt is a runingQB with very good intincts. It will be interesting to see if the offense is set up to take more advantage of his best skill or if they try to make him a drop back passer.

Hunt is a runingQB with very good intincts. It will be interesting to see if the offense is set up to take more advantage of his best skill or if they try to make him a drop back passer.

Balanced combo of both... FWIH

Opposing schemes dictate alot. McD is excited, that's for sure.

Agree with the list except for the UNC quarterback at #2. Last I heard Williams hasn't even won the position yet.
He hasn't.

He is a great runner between the tackles, but in most of the passing game, he is mediocre at best. RS freshman Trubisky is a little shiftier and quicker running on the outside and has much more upside in the passing game.

If Williams did not have the experience of starting half a season, Trubisky probably would have bee named starter after Spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom