ACC Games for Jan 30-Feb 1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Jan 30-Feb 1

I can’t believe we are worse than Pitt. Embarrassing.
For years Pitt has dominated SU. We hardly ever beat them when Dixon was the coach. I think Pitt has beat us four out of the last five times we’ve played.

Pitt 65. NC 64. Three straight years Pitt won at Carolina.
Pitt gets a foul call in the lane with 3 seconds left to go ahead, then no call on a contested three at the buzzer by UNC. Coupled with what happened in VT-Miami last night (see above) you might wonder if there were some discussions among ACC officials after our UNC game.

Pitt gets a foul call in the lane with 3 seconds left to go ahead, then no call on a contested three at the buzzer by UNC. Coupled with what happened in VT-Miami last night (see above) you might wonder if there were some discussions among ACC officials after our UNC game.

The clock hit 0 with the ball still in Love’s hands. Foul happened after the game was over, so it was a good no call.

Or ACC, especially ACC referees and officials just like Pitt at least act impartially towards Pitt because Pitt's coach is their people, as Coach K reminds of Duke audience.

That foul with three seconds left was odd. Burton was getting by Davis and Davis basically threw himself at Burton. It was odd.

Stevens.png

NC State is good that is not going to be a fun game. Kid from Miami who killed us from 3 put VA Tech away last night with a stretch of open 3's. Funny how he gets open looks. Having Wong helps I guess.

Okay here's our path to the NCAA tournament by winning the ACC tournament:
1st Round: #9 seed Cuse beats #8 Wake
2nd Round: #9 seed Cuse beats #1 seed Clemson
Semis: #9 seed Cuse beats #4 seed NC State or #5 Miami
Final: #9 seed Cuse beats #2 seed UVA or #3 seed Pitt

A potential Wake/Clemson/NC State/Pitt path is not overly daunting.

I give us a solid 1-2% chance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom