ACC Games for Nov 27... | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Nov 27...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1606486358606.png
for Nov 27

San Francisco is a decent mid-major... #67 and #74 in KenPom the last 2 years. An NIT type team. So that diminishes the upset a bit.

Then again they lose to UMass-Lowell the other night -- a really bad team.

OOC games are insturmental in shaping the NCAA tournament. They basically establish the foundation of the tournament:
- Which conferences will dominate top seeds and which will get middling seeds.
- You can also typically get a very sound estimate of seeds by conferences by end of December, without even identifying individual teams.

The reason is that once teams only play each other they can't really improve much in the metrics as a group.

But with such a small number of OOC games likely happening this year I am not sure what will the impact be. I could see less of a reliance on metrics for seeding and more reliance on conference record, and less metrics used for seeding... i.e. they will treat champions in power conferences more of the same then normal when it comes to seeding.

OOC games are insturmental in shaping the NCAA tournament. They basically establish the foundation of the tournament:
- Which conferences will dominate top seeds and which will get middling seeds.
- You can also typically get a very sound estimate of seeds by conferences by end of December, without even identifying individual teams.

The reason is that once teams only play each other they can't really improve much in the metrics as a group.

But with such a small number of OOC games likely happening this year I am not sure what will the impact be. I could see less of a reliance on metrics for seeding and more reliance on conference record, and less metrics used for seeding... i.e. they will treat champions in power conferences more of the same then normal when it comes to seeding.

How about if the ACC keeps losing to crap teams like Bryant?

Me thinks Josh Pastner’s days in Atlanta are numbered. Needs a winning ACC record this year after this start

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom