Acc held conference call yesterday | Syracusefan.com

Acc held conference call yesterday

I have no problem if the ACC adds UCONN in the end, but to me that is a last resort. And the ACC needs to think big here and aim for the moon. ND ain't joining full time so I don't expect that. But there has to be some school somewhere that fits and would be willing to at least listen. There is no rush too add UCONN since nobody else is knocking down their door. I would exhaust every other option before adding them. I am in favor of Louisville honestly but I am not sure of the ACC will turn a blind eye to their academics.

Adding UConn will do nothing to keep FSU and Clemsom (and others) in the fold.

There was a leaked report a few days ago that BC is BLOCKING any talk of adding UCONN. They're not getting in. Not to mention FSU and Clemson are also against it.

It will be L'ville.

I doubt BC has that power or is that stupid.

Well, maybe once Arbitragegls has finished his turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie he can check in with SyracuseFan.com and let us all know what Swoffie and current members chatted about.

Well, maybe once Arbitragegls has finished his turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie he can check in with SyracuseFan.com and let us all know what Swoffie and current members chatted about.
If he isn't passed out from the Jack and Cokes

Oh yes, BC can be that stupid...however, the conference call on Monday may well go beyond strategy...don't forget the 4-4-4 committee on expansion has already done their homework on each team being considered and a whole lot more including conference to conference association. The ACC, i am told, is fielding a number of "ways to go"...and Monday's call is one that could end in executing...each university has been given a number of scenarios and asked to vote.....stay in touch and maybe we can beat the headlines.

Oh yes, BC can be that stupid...however, the conference call on Monday may well go beyond strategy...don't forget the 4-4-4 committee on expansion has already done their homework on each team being considered and a whole lot more including conference to conference association. The ACC, i am told, is fielding a number of "ways to go"...and Monday's call is one that could end in executing...each university has been given a number of scenarios and asked to vote.....stay in touch and maybe we can beat the headlines.
Thanks for the update! Eat and drink well Arb!

^+1 to MaxwellCuse and Oldpinepoint...appreciate your comments...just stopped by for a few and penned above...here in Raleigh getting ready for an early Turkey dinner at relatives...and yes, am drinking my favorite libation...Jack and Coke.

I actually thought JB's idea of a college team draft is damn good...it would be a way to end all this BS...at any rate...will try to work my sources and get back...hope all have a wonderful holiday!

^+1 to MaxwellCuse and Oldpinepoint...appreciate your comments...just stopped by for a few and penned above...here in Raleigh getting ready for an early Turkey dinner at relatives...and yes, am drinking my favorite libation...Jack and Coke.

I actually thought JB's idea of a college team draft is damn good...it would be a way to end all this BS...at any rate...will try to work my sources and get back...hope all have a wonderful holiday!
do we get a vote?

Please tell me the ACC brain-trust has a better plan to enhance the security of the conference than just adding UConn. That band-aid move will do nothing to entice FSU and VaTech from looking elsewhere.

I offer this scenerio, I call it the Private Parts Plan:
Part 1: ACC accepts Villanova, Georgetown and St. Johns for all sports.
Part 2: Bank about $350+ million in exit fees from your FSU's, UNC's, VT's , etc
Part 3: Build 3 shiny football stadiums for the new guys

What the ACC should do is tell ND don't resign with NBC and sign with ESPN make a crapload of money with them. We will create an ACC network and the conference will be stable. Adding UConn is not going to happen IMO its Louisville cause of football.

Honestly I don't see anyone going to the B12. It's already been picked off - Nebraska, Missou, Colorado, aTm & not sure who else. No reason to join because they don't have a network unless they expand the LHN to cover the whole league and equalize revenue share - only then would it make sense for Fstate & Clemson bolt. I still don't understand why PAC12 doesn't expand unless they just don't care and are satified with the revenue streams as is.

To me B10 expands west again - Kansas being the prime target - the got what they wanted this last round - access to the DC & NYC markets in the east. UVA makes no sense either except as filler for a 16 team conference.

I still don't understand why PAC12 doesn't expand unless they just don't care and are satified with the revenue streams as is.

They only want Texas and Oklahoma (these two are a package deal only). They tried to work out the deal but LHN was in the way so that fell through. After getting to 12 members, the Pac-12 president announced there were no longer finanically viable targets that they could consider (a 13th member whose revenue split 13 ways would still be net positive) and said Pac-12 will not be expanding further.

So while LHN is still around Pac-12 will not expand.

Remember when BC had a relevant, competent football program & would actually beat ND from time to time?

found this link on csnbbs.com talking about the acc adding 14th team.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...lle or UConn&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13536336153702

From the article:

I talked to BOT Chairman David Wilkins Tuesday evening, and he thinks the ACC could make a move fairly quickly, simply because in the current landscape of college athletics, doing nothing is the worst thing that can happen.

With that in mind, I made several calls to sources within the ACC just to get a feel for what school would be the optimal choice to invite, and the name I kept hearing was Louisville, which is what we are hearing from almost everywhere. The source said that Louisville’s athletic budget is actually larger than Clemson’s, and the school makes the most sense from a football standpoint.

I get the feeling that UConn is the second choice, but not a very attractive second choice. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

found this link on csnbbs.com talking about the acc adding 14th team.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...lle or UConn&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13536336153702

From the article:

I talked to BOT Chairman David Wilkins Tuesday evening, and he thinks the ACC could make a move fairly quickly, simply because in the current landscape of college athletics, doing nothing is the worst thing that can happen.

With that in mind, I made several calls to sources within the ACC just to get a feel for what school would be the optimal choice to invite, and the name I kept hearing was Louisville, which is what we are hearing from almost everywhere. The source said that Louisville’s athletic budget is actually larger than Clemson’s, and the school makes the most sense from a football standpoint.

I get the feeling that UConn is the second choice, but not a very attractive second choice. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Part 2: Bank about $350+ million in exit fees from your FSU's, UNC's, VT's , etc
And what would happen in those 3 shiny new stadiums? Nova might make the D-1AA playoffs, G'town would lose by 40 points to Colgate, and St. John's would play soccer. I hope to God you are not suggesting the ACC help them program-build. Look how well that played out for the BE.

Sounds like something the Big East should consider given the exit fees it will be collecting.

And what would happen in those 3 shiny new stadiums? Nova might make the D-1AA playoffs, G'town would lose by 40 points to Colgate, and St. John's would play soccer. I hope to God you are not suggesting the ACC help them program-build. Look how well that played out for the BE.

Part 4: Sign up Colgate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom