ACC holds back money from UMD. MD AG getting involved. | Syracusefan.com

ACC holds back money from UMD. MD AG getting involved.

Welcome to College Athletic$ 2013.

It will be interesting to see how the AG enforces a Maryland ruling in NC where the money is! Injunction malfunction!

Resident lawyers, please translate all of this into English. Does the defense's theory hold water? Does the ACC win this and require the Sack o Suds to pay up?

Resident lawyers, please translate all of this into English. Does the defense's theory hold water? Does the ACC win this and require the Sack o Suds to pay up?
I don't think this works for MD. Otherwise any obligation of a state university could not be enforced other than in the courts of that state, if at all. Somewhere in the ACC's charter documents I'd guess all schools consent to jurisdiction outside their home state or otherwise waive this kind of argument.

I don't think this works for MD. Otherwise any obligation of a state university could not be enforced other than in the courts of that state, if at all. Somewhere in the ACC's charter documents I'd guess all schools consent to jurisdiction outside their home state or otherwise waive this kind of argument.

It sounds like this argument is about as strong as the "President Loh voted 'no' to the Exit Fee, so therefore MD shouldn't have to pay it" argument.