ACC hoops coaches circa 2020? | Syracusefan.com

ACC hoops coaches circa 2020?

jr4750

All American
Pretty slow around here these days. Had a thought that I wanted to pose in an effort to generate some friendly discourse...

We know Hop will be around for a while. There are some that are concerned that he has not been a head coach yet and whether he will be able to maintain our level of play post JB. Of all the teams in the ACC, continuity seems to be on our side. I for one very much hope that JB takes us into the ACC as having a coach of his stature for a year or two to combat the Roy Williams and Coach K's will be important brand wise. But, I am feeling very strong that we have our guy on the bench now, who will presumably be there for the long haul. Baring Wojo or Collins being anointed at Duke, and possibly an assistant at UNC taking over, who else in the conference can say that? Pitt and UVA have younger coaches who may still be coaching, but no heir apparent... not that either one of those schools is really a basketball power in the same vein as Duke and UNC. I think its very important to constantly be challenging those two teams for titles, and hopefully Hop can keep us up near the top...

Are there any other coaches in waiting that I am missing?

Mark Turgeon just took over at Maryland and seems to be recruiting very well. Gary Williams let things go South for a few years because he treated recrutuing as optional. But I think you'll seem them back in the top 25 pretty soon.

Gottfried is younger too. And NC State is the preseason favorite according to some heading into this year..

You also have to figure that Wake Forest isn't going to be dormant forver. They have history of success with Duncan and Paul, and were ranked number one as recently as the winter of 2009. They won't be dormant for long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom