ACC: James Michael McAdoo: James Michael McAdoo to slip out of draft | Syracusefan.com

ACC: James Michael McAdoo: James Michael McAdoo to slip out of draft

the headline kind of sounds like jmm said in the 3rd person that jmm may fall out of the draft.

I hope he enjoyed his last 2 years in college. Probably cost him in the neighborhood of $10 million

And a NBA age limit hurts kids. I can name a bunch of kids who would have been millionaires with a shot at the NBA who had to go to college and now won't even get sniffed at during the draft. I'd rather collect some millions and be a bust rather than not have a chance to be drafted.

And a NBA age limit hurts kids. I can name a bunch of kids who would have been millionaires with a shot at the NBA who had to go to college and now won't even get sniffed at during the draft. I'd rather collect some millions and be a bust rather than not have a chance to be drafted.

Well, duh, but the NBA isn't in the business of making young kids that aren't that good rich. They're in the business of drafting the best talent and making as much money as possible. Theoretically, guys like McAdoo that an age limit would hurt don't really deserve the money in the first place.

Having said that, I strongly believe McAdoo will be drafted. Measuring at 6'9.5" in shoes or whatever he did with a wingspan over 7 feet is not undersized for a PF. He's got a great NBA body, and I believe someone will take a chance on him.

Well, duh, but the NBA isn't in the business of making young kids that aren't that good rich. They're in the business of drafting the best talent and making as much money as possible. Theoretically, guys like McAdoo that an age limit would hurt don't really deserve the money in the first place.

Having said that, I strongly believe McAdoo will be drafted. Measuring at 6'9.5" in shoes or whatever he did with a wingspan over 7 feet is not undersized for a PF. He's got a great NBA body, and I believe someone will take a chance on him.
He's a one trick pony with catch and dunks. Can't dribble, drive, or shoot. Guys like him are a dime a dozen.

... I'd rather collect some millions and be a bust rather than not have a chance to be drafted.

I doubt that's the way top level athletes really think.
An outstanding performer in any endeavor...especially athletics...must believe in himself/herself.
Part of that, when you're just starting out, is believing that you're going to keep improving.
I doubt any player ever thinks, "Hey, I'd better grab the dough after this season. I was pretty good. Don't want them to find out I'm really not."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom