ACC/NCAA Conference Games Rules | Syracusefan.com

ACC/NCAA Conference Games Rules

Faegan

All Conference
The NCAA rules governing tournament play are the worst. Why do we have to play everyone in our division? So arbitrary and stupid. I would love it if we dropped one Atlantic division opponent each year so we could play another Coastal opponent.

I'd rather see no divisions and a 9-game conference schedule. Two best conference records play for a conference championship. Done.

The NCAA rules governing tournament play are the worst. Why do we have to play everyone in our division? So arbitrary and stupid. I would love it if we dropped one Atlantic division opponent each year so we could play another Coastal opponent.

Suppose Clemson didn't have to play FSU, while all the other Atlantic Division teams did ... is that fair?

Suppose Clemson didn't have to play FSU, while all the other Atlantic Division teams did ... is that fair?

The rotation is fair in the end... it affects everyone equally from a multi-year perspective. Clemson or FSU could stink in a few years.

I don't believe that is a rule. Not every team in the MAC East division plays each other. Last year, Kent and UMass didn't play each other and neither did Buffalo and Akron. Instead, they played three West division teams. The other three teams in the East played all six East teams and two West teams.

I don't believe that is a rule. Not every team in the MAC East division plays each other. Last year, Kent and UMass didn't play each other and neither did Buffalo and Akron. Instead, they played three West division teams. The other three teams in the East played all six East teams and two West teams.

17.9.5.2 Annual Exemptions. [FBS/FCS]
The maximum number of football contests shall exclude the following:

(c) Twelve-Member Conference Championship Game. [FBS/FCS]
A conference championship game between division champions of a member conference of 12 or more institutions that is divided into two divisions (of six or more institutions each), each of which conducts round-robin, regular-season competition among the members of that division;

Somebody needs to tell the MAC that because not every team in the East division plays every other team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom