Acc needs to make move for wvu | Syracusefan.com

Acc needs to make move for wvu

jgeorge322

Living Legend
Its fairly clear the acc made missteps along the way in conference realignment and has now left itself exposed. A move it turned down before would really stabilize the conference. I'm sure there were people in the acc who didn't want to take too many former big east teams. However, it seems obvious a morphed acc- big east could've competed with the big 3. Wvu was turned down due to academics. It may not be impossible to poach it away due to the amount of money the big 12 paid to get it out of the big east early. However such a move would keep the football teams happy, would help repair the acc's reputation from the damage due to marylands defection, would make sense geographically and would help bring down the big 12. It would restore former rivalries. I would like to see us take uconn and L'ville as well and really own the east coast.

If the ACC courted WVU and WVU reciprocated it would drive The Dude of WV mad. Of that I am certain. His whole internet and Twitter persona is predicated on an undying hatred of all things Swofford.

For the sake of The Dude's Mom, I hope the ACC chooses anyone but WVU.

According to WV bloggers they did have convos with the ACC prior to going to the B12 and the team that said NFW was UNC.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Only way this happens is if the PAC12 takes 4 teams from the B12 and the conference implodes. If that is the case, teams 15 & 16 could very well be Baylor & TCU. ACC gains Texas markets which is far more value to ACC than WVA, Lville or Cincy markets.

Baylor & TCU I believe are private schools - I don't know about their acedemic rankings.

Would love to grab Baylor, TCU and WVU and call it a day.

Lville > wvu. Look at rankings, standings, population for tv sets, and athletic department earnings and earning potential. Also Lville in the acc cuts off wvu from the bevo essentially making wvu the bevo's Boston College.

There are better options before WVU. LVille chief among them. And as someone said, the only way any BIG12 team is available is it the PAC12 takes 4 and the conf implodes. Were that to happen there would be MANY better options suddenly in the market.

According to WV bloggers they did have convos with the ACC prior to going to the B12 and the team that said NFW was UNC.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Finally, something I can believe from a WVU blogger. That UNC wanted nothing to do with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom