ACC Network Announcers | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Announcers

OHIORANGES

2nd String
If I didn't know better I would think every time we are the away team the announcers are paid by the home school.
I have never heard more biased announcers in my life. I think they wet themselves every time Fla St scored.

These threads are so stupid. We're the ones who are biased and What difference does it matter anyway. Stream Matt Park and Jim Satalin if you need to hear someone peeing orange.

Honestly, I'm usually a pretty impartial guy and just go with the flow.

This is the first time I've ever felt that both the broadcast and officials hated us, even though one was an alumnus.

These threads are so stupid. We're the ones who are biased and What difference does it matter anyway. Stream Matt Park and Jim Satalin if you need to hear someone peeing orange.
You are wrong on this one. I almost couldn't watch the game because of it. The pbp guy had the big O every time FSU did anything positive.

The PBP guy is a SU alum and who CBS used for our homer broadcast in the 2016 Final Four.

The broadcast was garbage with replays though.

We are outsiders in our own league.

We went from being the premier school in a league we created, to Yankees.

Yeah, such a shame SU/damn Yankees sold their soul for the coin, they'd be in such a better place had they not...just like UConn. :rolleyes:

The Leonard Hamilton HOF comment was really bad. Then I got a cut off as the ACC.com shut off their free streaming game of the day at 4:30 (idiots)

Si I listened on Syracuse radio. And I truly hate homer announcers more than neutral announcers.

This post game guy doesn't even bat an eye when he says we will almost certainly win the next 4 games and have 16 wins.

Right.

And no reason anyone should be surprised.
There was discussion about just that point when SU moved to the ACC.
It's not SU's neighborhood.
The Orange are the new kids from out off town who don't fit in...not geographically and not culturally.

It was my major fear when we announced to the ACC. We were the big dog northern school. We are a mediocre hasbeen in the ACC currently. Need to figure this out and quick

It makes the games unenjoyable.

Not only is there a strong bias towards the traditional ACC schools but there's also an unbelievable level of ignorance about our teams.

The quality of the announcing is high school sports level bad, too. Horrendous.

We are just starting to really recover from the sanctions and decade long investigation.

We had few scholarships to play with, and there will always be some who just don't pan out. Many have transferred late, which gave us little time and even fewer options to choose from on the recruiting trail. You could also throw in the kids who have left early for the league, whose scholarships were not being recruited to fill for the following season. It's a tough loss for the program when they blow up and make a name for themselves in the end of the season tournaments. But with the full allotment of scholarships becoming available, it becomes easier to deal with an early departure. You could also add injuries and JB being occupied by the Olympics into the mix.

Team may not show it this season, but the program as a whole, is trending upward.

I read that post and laughed without noticing who wrote it. I wouldn't have guessed it was you if I took 20 guesses.

I read that post and laughed without noticing who wrote it. I wouldn't have guessed it was you if I took 20 guesses.

HA! That's interesting. I've actually been thinking since the game ended that I may become more of a lurker for the next little while. I don't do apathetic well and it's turned me into a poster that I don't like to be at times with snapping at other people. Realistically, we're pretty much like I expected this year, but it is frustrating to have some winnable games and see them escape.

HA! That's interesting. I've actually been thinking since the game ended that I may become more of a lurker for the next little while. I don't do apathetic well and it's turned me into a poster that I don't like to be at times with snapping at other people. Realistically, we're pretty much like I expected this year, but it is frustrating to have some winnable games and see them escape.
I intended it as a compliment. Don't go away.

Didn’t watch the game but ACC network announcers were probably the first thing that turned me off about the move to the conference.

If I didn't know better I would think every time we are the away team the announcers are paid by the home school.
I have never heard more biased announcers in my life. I think they wet themselves every time Fla St scored.
Tom Werme is 91 SU grad. He's always been objective. Didn't hear him today, watched game with mute on and listened to Matt Park and Jim Satalin radio broadcast. I think Tom has always been solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom