ACC Network??????? | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network???????

DonLightfoot

All Conference
I have "Dish Network" with the extra sports package for all the regional sports stations. Last year when our games were broadcast on "The Big East Network" I was able to view the games on the Mid Atlantic Sports Network (MASN) which I believe is in the Baltimore area.

I'm in Ontario so no TWC. Will likely be signing up for All Access for at least a couple of months.

Looking at the initial schedule information on suathletics.com I see several games are being broadcast on "The ACC Netwok". I assume, and sincerely hope, one or more of these regional sports channels will pick up those broadcasts. Anybody had past experience with this ACC Network and what channels might carry the games? Thank you.

I think the ACC network is brand new so I'm not sure and would also be interested in the answer.
MASN is out of Baltimore which is the area I live in. I would expect my cable company (armstrong w/extended sports package) to be picking up the ACC network because of the area I live in. Fingers crossed though.

I thought we would be able to get most games on 1) ESPN then 2) MSG/YES and then 3) CNY Central.

Sounds to me that if you are out of the area with DirecTV or Dish, you'd be able to get all the games shown on Options #1 and #2 above, but would likely be SOL for the games shown on CNY Central. I bet the SU website will be doing PPV streams of those games, just like they offered for people out of state for the Exhibition games.

I can tell you that with DirecTV and the optional Sports pack you will not miss a single game with the exception of those picked up by CNY Central. for that you may need the SUAthletics stream. Keep in mind those will be lesser games I would assume.

Ok, here's a question for you media geeks out there. Raycom has the 2nd tier rights for the ACC network (purchased from ESPN). As I understand it, Raycom is currently negotiating with regional carriers, such as CNY Central and TWC, to sell those broadcast rights. "2d tier" means the lesser (usually pre-season, OOC) games that ESPN releases to Raycom for re-sale to regional carriers. For example, CNY reportedly purchased (2nd tier) broadcast rights for its coverage area ... somewhere around 16-17 counties in central new york.

If the games were simply available "over the air", CNYcentral wouldn't have had to pay for the rights. So it seems like the means by which the signal is obtained is immaterial -- the broadcast rights still have to be contracted for.

I have "Dish Network" with the extra sports package for all the regional sports stations. Last year when our games were broadcast on "The Big East Network" I was able to view the games on the Mid Atlantic Sports Network (MASN) which I believe is in the Baltimore area.

I'm in Ontario so no TWC. Will likely be signing up for All Access for at least a couple of months.

Looking at the initial schedule information on suathletics.com I see several games are being broadcast on "The ACC Netwok". I assume, and sincerely hope, one or more of these regional sports channels will pick up those broadcasts. Anybody had past experience with this ACC Network and what channels might carry the games? Thank you.

A lot of the ACC Network games are on over-the-air channels. Usually they're the independent UHF channels (>13) and are part of the CW-type networks, but sometimes they're VHF. In Washington, the owner of Channel 5, the Fox station also owns some UHFs. The primary channel for games is 5, but if there is a primetime bball game, they put it on the UHFs so it doesn't hurt Fox's primetime ratings. The games listed as being on RSN (Regional Sports Network) end up on things like Fox Sports{region}, Comcast SportsNet, and the like.

A lot of the ACC Network games are on over-the-air channels. Usually they're the independent UHF channels (>13) and are part of the CW-type networks, but sometimes they're VHF. In Washington, the owner of Channel 5, the Fox station also owns some UHFs. The primary channel for games is 5, but if there is a primetime bball game, they put it on the UHFs so it doesn't hurt Fox's primetime ratings. The games listed as being on RSN (Regional Sports Network) end up on things like Fox Sports{region}, Comcast SportsNet, and the like.

Is that you, HowieT3?

Yeah, it's the YES network. Which I hate, btw. Their loyalties are to the Nets, for obvious reasons, and their programming has the ability to get screwed up. Whatever Duke games were on YES seemed like I usually ended up watching a solid portion of the beginning on ESPN3. Hopefully it's changed a little as the ACC Network is becoming more prominent.

Does this mean, throughout New York, or the New York City area:

“We’re proud to partner with the YES Network to televise Big East and ACC games to fans, students, and alumni throughout the New York area,”
That article was written in July and it has been verified since that MSG will mirror YES in it's games. I'm in SC and am planning on watching on YES.

That article was written in July and it has been verified since that MSG will mirror YES in it's games. I'm in SC and am planning on watching on YES.
You are probably in luck with Yes (via a local cable carrier?). But ... sometimes broadcasts from Yes/MSG, etc... are preempted if a local ("regional") carrier pays for the rights. If that happens in your area and you don't subscribe to the carrier, you might wind up watching an old baseball show instead of an SU game.

You are probably in luck with Yes (via a local cable carrier?). But ... sometimes broadcasts from Yes/MSG, etc... are preempted if a local ("regional") carrier pays for the rights. If that happens in your area and you don't subscribe to the carrier, you might wind up watching an old baseball show instead of an SU game.
If it's regional, I think I'll have that covered with the sports package from TW.

I will say it again. I have DirecTv with all its sports stuff. I have not missed an SU regular season game in years. DirecTv's channels somehow manage to carry them all.

I will say it again. I have DirecTv with all its sports stuff. I have not missed an SU regular season game in years. DirecTv's channels somehow manage to carry them all.

I love DirecTV. They may be a bit more expensive than cable or DishNetwork, but their programming beats all as well as their customer service!

Does this mean, throughout New York, or the New York City area:

“We’re proud to partner with the YES Network to televise Big East and ACC games to fans, students, and alumni throughout the New York area,”

its not just new York city for msg and yes network. Time warner has been wedged out with our move to the acc unless they are allowed to show the few OOC games(besides st johns) that haven't had a network attached to it.

They are not mirroring each other, but rather splitting up a larger package of games. You will need access to both.

Some of us live to close to the woods. :(

Thanks for the replies gang. Unfortunately DISH dropped SNY and MSG a year or two ago. YES and CNY are not offered that I can see.

I agree that we will likely see most of the Conference games on the major networks (ESPN & CBS). TV listings will fill in more as we get closer to the season starting.

and so it begins again. Last year YES carried the new ACC network. Is this where we go again to watch these type games? Anyone know? I have directtv which is great but I don't think their basic carries the ACC network and I'd prefer not to have to get all the sports add ons, but if it on YES again I think the problem is solved. Anyone know for sure? thanks

I thought acc was going to be carried by Channel 55 in ny and metro area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom