ACC out of Closet (from football side) | Syracusefan.com

ACC out of Closet (from football side)

arbitragegls

All Conference
While we are in our stupor of Jack & Coke DREAMS flash before my eyes: "read between the lines" comments have become a harbinger of the future. Whispers are getting louder! The "read between the lines" are acutally getting morphed by capitalization and punctuation marks. The ACC is no longer being that quiet southern gentleman or that proper but inviting librarian.

Rather, the ACC has put it all out on the line...

1. An ACC Network will happen and it will be available by late "15 or '16
--interestingly, bball-lax-baseball will be a primary reason for the ACC Network to be delivered
--the Network will follow the design of the SEC--perhaps even piggy-backing with the SEC (not determined finally--providing both conferences a broader distribution than its own footprint)

2. ACC tournament bball will see the flash bulbs of NYC...within the next three years
--venues determining how to become available, and the ACC looking at tournament scheduling
--A 10 and Big EAST already been approached by venues
-- ACC considering if all or ONLY final two days of BBall tournament to be played in NYC

3. TV contracts among the POWER 5 will be relatively the same...project each conference to be rolling in $30,000,000 per school (+-10%)
--The ACC will not be the Power 5 conference with least $$$ coming in

More of this is available on our stealth side...the pay side...that only a few have access--you know who you are...don't you.

We have labeled Swofford the Ninja..the quiet man that gets things done without shouting and letting it out of the bag prior to happening...
...do you recall 'Cuse/Pitt to ACC...Notre Dame to ACC--well for 5 football games scheduled by the ACC..and of course
...the GOR...
Did you see it in print prior to it happening...was all this UNEXPECTED?

Now the Ninja has gathered his minions...become stronger...and the ACC is prognosticating through interviews, press releases, and actions...that all is well...the Network is around the corner...the bball tournament will bounce the floor in NYC...and the pay day is coming...all really soon!

Discuss...have fun...and remember:
It's Good to be Cuse!

Hosting an ACC Final Four in NYC is probably most sellable to each party. This way, the Garden can still host the Big East, but push them to earlier in the week, probably ending Friday night, and then Saturday and Sunday will be the ACC final four. That will be a tough ticket, but would have to be sold separately from the preliminary rounds in Greensboro. But that way the NC folks still keep their tradition, too.

Hosting an ACC Final Four in NYC is probably most sellable to each party. This way, the Garden can still host the Big East, but push them to earlier in the week, probably ending Friday night, and then Saturday and Sunday will be the ACC final four. That will be a tough ticket, but would have to be sold separately from the preliminary rounds in Greensboro. But that way the NC folks still keep their tradition, too.

IMO the only reason to split the tournament like that is because you can't get the venue for the entirety of the tournament. I am not sure playing preliminary rounds in NC allows the NC folks to keep their tradition.

Seems ok as a temporary measure, but I don't like it to the extent it's anything but temporary. Sometimes compromise is a good way to make everyone happy, and sometimes compromise is a good way to ensure that noone is happy and you end up with a solution that doesn't work. Seems like a bit of the latter at work here.

I am not okay with spliting the tourney (not that this statement matters), but an extra day of travel?

I am not okay with spliting the tourney (not that this statement matters), but an extra day of travel?
I imagine that will be the sticking point. Getting the winners from Greensboro to NYC on short notice won't be easy. Impossible? No. Just not easy.

I imagine that will be the sticking point. Getting the winners from Greensboro to NYC on short notice won't be easy. Impossible? No. Just not easy.

This point of the season is grulling enough -- tough end of the year battles, ACC tourney, this extra travel could have a huge impact on National Tourney performance!

Getting our conference tourney to MSG would eliminate all negatives of the ACC move. It would be awesome. I still would like to know what plans the SU athletic dept has for the extra money that will come from the move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom