ACC Power Rankings Week One | Syracusefan.com

ACC Power Rankings Week One

SWFLCUSE

All Conference
I will be doing a weekly power rankings for the ACC throughout the season and thought you guys would be interested in keeping up with some of the Orange's conferencemates and how they are performing this year. I'll also be naming a player of the week as well as a game of the week for the upcoming one.

If people like this I will keep updating it on the board each week. Let me know what everyone thinks!

Great write up, although I think we will be able to better assess where the teams in the conference are ranked in comparison with each other once the ACC/B1G Challenge is done.

Cheers,
Neil

I will be doing a weekly power rankings for the ACC throughout the season and thought you guys would be interested in keeping up with some of the Orange's conferencemates and how they are performing this year. I'll also be naming a player of the week as well as a game of the week for the upcoming one.

If people like this I will keep updating it on the board each week. Let me know what everyone thinks!
Just read your bio, how did you become a Cuse fan?

Great write up, although I think we will be able to better assess where the teams in the conference are ranked in comparison with each other once the ACC/B1G Challenge is done.

Cheers,
Neil
I completely agree with you on this point, but I wanted to start at the beginning of the season. It's tough to gage where everyone stands when most of them have only played cupcakes so far.

Just read your bio, how did you become a Cuse fan?
My father's family is from Rochester and my mother grew up in Tuxedo Park. My parents both went to Niagra U, but my dad grew up a Cuse fan his whole life and passed the fandom along to me. The major catalyst to me becoming a Cuse Junkie was the NC in 2003, I was nine at the time and idolized Carmelo. Then when he was drafted by my favorite NBA team it locked me into a life as an Orange fan(in the best way). I've bled Orange my entire life despite the fact that I've never seen a Cuse game (Basketball or Football) in the Dome.:oops:

Lot of work went into that. Good job!

Great write up, much appreciated. I hope you dont mind me asking this, but did you know Harris and Klebold by any chance, or anything that really went on vs the national story?(You can always answer the latter part in PM if you prefer). I remember when Coast to Coast AM did a 10th anniversary special on it, which hit on things that 99+% of folks have no idea about, which saddens me as much as the original event.

Great write up, much appreciated. I hope you dont mind me asking this, but did you know Harris and Klebold by any chance, or anything that really went on vs the national story?(You can always answer the latter part in PM if you prefer). I remember when Coast to Coast AM did a 10th anniversary special on it, which hit on things that 99+% of folks have no idea about, which saddens me as much as the original event.
I was only five at the time of the event so I really didn't grasp to scoop of what was going on at the time. I lived about 20 minutes away and remember everyone being upset about something that had happened at another school. One thing I do know is it could've been much worse than it was. They had a bunch of propane bombs they planned to set off, but less than half were detonated. They even set up a couple as a diversion about five miles away to try and draw authorities away before they started their shooting.

One of the few positive memories I have from the incident was that the community rallied around the school as their football team went on to when back to back 5A State Championship in 1999 and 2000. This was they first time I remember seeing sports make such an impact on people on more than just a fan level. I found a short video about that season if you're interested, but be warned it can tug at those heart strings a bit. Columbine 1999 Championship

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom